Reminder Secure

Bad skin - not mine before you ask!

26 December 2010 19:15
jessicard
Model

My younger sister suffers terribly with spots and she really wants to do something about it for the New Year. She's seen a doctor briefly before who said its not acne and probably just the usual teenage stuff but wondering if anyone has any sort of tips before I cart her off to a dermatologist. 

Any help much appreciated!  emoticon
http://jayerose.tumblr.com/

Jesfish is off-line
26 December 2010 19:19
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

In their attempt to make spotty skin better, some people cleanse the life out of it!  Make sure she's not overdoing the cleansing as this can aggrivate the sebaceous glands, making the spots worse.

Peridot is off-line
27 December 2010 17:20
Peridot
Model
Peridot
London
London

Has she seen a different doctor? I know when I had bad skin as a teen it took seeing a couple of different GPs to get something sorted. They might say the same thing but its worth a try.
Taking more nude bookings for a limited time only.

Terri Forbes is off-lineSilver Member
27 December 2010 17:38
Terri_Forbes
Model
Terri_Forbes
Grampian
Aberdeenshire

hey there,

even if it is just teenege hormones etc they gps should still be able to help, when i was 16 i had bad skin, it really go tme down, i had tried anythign and everything for it,

the GPs after seeing a few put me on the pill dianette, its know for clearing the skin, but downside it can make u put on a little weight, but if she watched waht she eats and work out it can be controled,

also i have tried just not to long ago, a topical antibiotic call chlyndamisin (sp?) its just a liquid you apply all ove the skin, works quickly and its really good for spots, i actualy need to go back t the doc to see about gettin more,

but also what foundation does she use, from personal experiance of bad skin and also as a beauty therepist i find that making the change to use mineral foindations made such a diffearnce, even now if i use luquire, mouse etc even once i just come it spots left right and centre, so i would defo recomend minerals all the way, i simple wash my face with a good gel face wash (i use garnia) then apply a thin layer mousturiser and then the mineral, makes loads of diffarance

hope some of what i say helps, i know what like it is to have bad skin xx

27 December 2010 18:22
Quirkybutcute
Model

Tea tree, my friend who is a beauty therapist recommended it to me, brings it out really bad at first but then clears up. I very rarely get spots now.
*La la la la la, I can't hear you.*

Ely is off-line
27 December 2010 18:26
Ely
Model
Ely
Lancashire
Blackburn

Quote from Quirkybutcute
Tea tree, my friend who is a beauty therapist recommended it to me, brings it out really bad at first but then clears up. I very rarely get spots now.

=1000 

I swear by tea tree oil, get the spot when it starts with a dab or two on a cotton bud, it brings it out straight away and is antiseptic so keeps it clean. Goes a lot quicker, just no picking, squeezing or scratching. 
Could also be related to lifestyle. Smokey atmospheres or stress for example!
Life is like photography - You develop from the negatives!

Skymouse is off-lineGold Member
27 December 2010 21:11
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

Quote from jessicard
She's seen a doctor briefly before who said its not acne and probably just the usual teenage stuff

The "usual teenage stuff" is acne. If the doc thinks it isn't the usual thing (i.e. acne) he/she ought to be investigating what else it is.

Acne can often be treated using things like antibiotics and benzoyl peroxide cream. There are other treatments for more severe cases, but it seems odd for a doctor to dismiss someone who is upset by a condition at the time when they are most sensitive about such things, when there are very well known treatments to try, and when non-treatment can result (in some cases) in permanent scarring that could be avoided by treatment.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

30 December 2010 14:06
Charlotte_marie24
Model

clean and clear blackhead scrub, its a purple tub, its amazing, only product i've ever used that actually works, clears the pores and has made my skin pretty great even during the monthly cycle when normally it flares up, only been using it 1 month, sorry for TMI
charlotte

30 December 2010 14:56
jessicard
Model

Thank you every who has replied so far. I'm advising her to go back to the doctor's and fingers crossed all will be fine!
http://jayerose.tumblr.com/

31 December 2010 07:39
Charlotte_marie24
Model

I used racatune (sp?) as a teenager because I had family history of acne, even though my teenage spots weren't bad. It's very good because it pretty much solves the issue for life but I would say its very intense, it dries the skin out and cracks all the mouth especially at the corners, you can't sunbath while using it and having to be careful after, you must not fall pregnant for at least 3 months after use of it and drinking is a no no.

17 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ChloeDevine chosin Exoticangel Krystald pinklilly
Blancho dby47 duncanpritchard iestyn philippahh photostevo redtail shadowtime74 siclews spiritofwales Steveh32 Willjamieson