Reminder Secure

Stretch Marks and wrinkley bellies...

This thread is being watched by 3 people
09 February 2011 08:34
rattusratus
Model

to be honest i do think the op is bothered about streach marks if you read her post she has problems with excess skin dispite returning to here origanal size and toneing up and im sorry to have to tell you but there is natural fix only surgery will work on over streached skin, you could go to nhs and see about having a tummy tuck but they will probably be a long waiting list, i had a son 2 years and 1 month ago and i think body shape also plays a big part im very pair shaped and ive suffered virtually no damage to my stomache all my streach marks appeared on my thighs and a couple on my boob (which did over streach) and i hate it but in the long run i think the fade streach marks and slight streaching is better than the scars to fix it but thats just me
hope some of this helped in some way
ratsx
300 men have died in lincoln county in the last 3 years...... but what you must remember is i did not shoot them all

GEMA JOHNSON XXX is off-line
07 March 2011 19:38
GJX
Model
GJX
Merseyside
LIVERPOOL

hi i have a 4 year old who weighed 10lb 2oz by emergency c-section so i know what your dealing with! its hard! my advice.... keep hydrated inside and out, drink lots of water, moisturise twice daily I use palmers firming lotion i found that worked better afterbirth than the oils they were more for allowing the skin to stretch during pregnancy you want to tighten it all back up so use firming lotion or if you can find any with cucumber extracts in there great (but hard to find!). i tried all kinds of exercises what worked for me was swimming and skipping! it only works if you stick to it, whatever it is you try theres no 2 wk miracle fix to undo the 9 month damage pregnancy does! i'm still not 100% but i will be.....! good luck xxx

Missy Liss is off-line
20 March 2011 15:04
Lisajanejones
Model
Lisajanejones
Powys
Newtown, Powys

once you have em, you got em for good unless you go for surgery.

A very well toned tummy will help and use a very good skin tightening cream.

I also use make-up b4 a shoot if the tog wants me to - will not make then magically disappear but just a lil less noticable in photos.
To get to the top, you must start at the bottom

Missy is off-line
04 June 2011 23:41
MissyJayUK
Model
This member has been reset to pending
MissyJayUK
Worcestershire
Kidderminster

Bio oil? can get from poundland or bodycare or any other prodcuts especialy for stretch marks or scars that are avalible in stores that contain skin care products. Argos did do some special make up for scars or tattoos for around £20-30 if you felt uncofortable with shooting like it.

05 June 2011 08:15
pammie
Model

I have a 2 year old and the same problem,
Although I have minimal stretch marks they look much worse when I tense or pull in my stomach, I asked one of the surgeons I work with for a tummy tuck and he's declined but did say lower abdomen stomach crunches would work best to tone up the wrinkly belly. Also other photographers have told me to stretch and arch my body as much as possible to reduce the apron effect which does work to an extent. Ur modelling shouldn't be hindered as long as you know which poses will and won't work for you
Good luck and if u find a quick fix let me know

Miss Tonnii is off-line
14 August 2011 10:54
MissTonnii
Model
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
MissTonnii
Cornwall
Saltash

I have a two year old and a 8weeks old, I did everything I possibly could to prevent stretch marks but in the last 2weeks of pregnancy a few appeared on my hips bum and inside leg. Bio oil isn't working for me, but it does for alot of other people so its worth ago. Firstly surgery is NOT your only option, in fact whilst it will flatten your stomach it will also give you a lovely scar aswell, not so great. I went up to a size 12 (originally a 4) whilst pregnant, and are now back down to a small 8, just follow all the exercises your HV gives you, do stomach crunches, and a couple of sit-ups everyday and you'll see a vast improvement (well at least it did for me anyway).

Ohh and as long as you mention to a photographer before the shoot (preferably whilst organizing) you'll find 9 out of 10 wont mind as they can easily be edited out with no hassle, It hasn't affected my work in fact Im still doing art nudes STRECH MARKS IN ALL! So don't worry about it to much. Just remember to eat healthy, exercise, and drink lots of water xxx

13 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
missminiskirt Trinalee
djb1 Don_Dark duncanjames fannmore GerryS2 jake_istvan JohnDentonPhoto Paz photomart Rscott360 Stevew1