Stretch Marks and wrinkley bellies...

This thread is being watched by 3 people
Black Lily is off-line
22 December 2010 14:38
Black_Lily
Model

Kent
Gravesend

I have a 2 year old child, and the marks to prove it. I am still slim at a size 10-12, same as I was before I fell pregnant, so size isn't my issue. The problem that I have is stretch marks, I have them all over my stomach now, they aren't particularly noticable, they are quite faint, but whenever I tense my abdominal muscles or my waist measurement goes down, they wrinkle and my stomach turns into a flesh coloured raisen.

Any tips or advice? Please...

22 December 2010 16:37
Tidal_Kitten
Model

Apparently bio oil works really well on stretch marks
More than just Kibbles and Bits

GCImages is off-line
22 December 2010 16:54
GSC4X
Photographer
GSC4X
Gloucestershire
Gloucester

Firstly, give it time. Secondly, update your portfolio notes/comments.  If the torso is going to be visible during shoots, make sure the photographer is at least aware.

My guess is that for your fetish work it won't matter, for the topless stuff that might be a different matter but without seeing the issue it is a bit difficult to advise.

Regards,

Glenn

Ninabean is off-line
24 December 2010 12:28
Ninabean
Model
Ninabean
Nottinghamshire
Nottinghamshire/ Leicestershire/ Derbyshire/ South Yorkshire

Quote from GSC4X
Firstly, give it time. Secondly, update your portfolio notes/comments.  If the torso is going to be visible during shoots, make sure the photographer is at least aware.

My guess is that for your fetish work it won't matter, for the topless stuff that might be a different matter but without seeing the issue it is a bit difficult to advise.

Regards,

Glenn

The OP was asking for advice on the actual problem, not with how it will affect her modelling, or am I reading it wrong?

Bio Oil is supposed to be really good, also Palmers Cocoa Butter You need to apply it twice a day.

xx
I do like a bit of vinegar

Clyde Armitage is off-line
24 December 2010 12:43
clyde
Photographer

London

bio oil is actually in poundland and much cheaper than a chemist/store and you save £££

David Brandwood is off-line
24 December 2010 18:18
brandphoto
Photographer
brandphoto
Greater Manchester
Oldham

Quote from Ninabean
The OP was asking for advice on the actual problem, not with how it will affect her modelling, or am I reading it wrong?

Bio Oil is supposed to be really good, also Palmers Cocoa Butter You need to apply it twice a day.

xx

In fairness to GSC4X, the OP's comment is rather vague in that department and could be contstrude either way in my opinion. The OP being a model and posting on a model site would suggest (to me at least) she would at least be including wanting to cure the problem as a model as well as a woman wanting to look her best. As such I think his advice is pretty much on the button, after all, even if she wasn't enquiring regarding her modelling career, it's certainly going to effect it.

24 December 2010 20:45
amandamccy
Model

i have 3 children and stretch marks to boot, bio oil dose work but not as well after the pregnancy, but i have chosen to not use it anyway, it has not harmed my modeling and i work up to art nude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i have also been praised by photographers for being proud of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so it will NOT affect your modeling there are plenty of photographers that are more then capable of working with a post preganent belly.

25 December 2010 18:30
Nympheae
Model

I'm sorry if my answer is not satisfying, but I think it's a bit late to think about it now. 

You probably would have avoided streachmarks by using spacial skin care products when you got pregnant - before your skin started streaching.
Exercising also plays part in your skin flexiblity.

Now I think it's only the professional treatment and that can be quite expensive. 

But then again you never know what they'll invent tomorrow emoticon

~ Don't argue with idiots, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. ~

25 December 2010 18:51
Nick_Giles
Photographer
This member has been suspended

Quote from amandamccy
so it will NOT affect your modeling there are plenty of photographers that are more then capable of working with a post preganent belly.

I ain't one of them. cuz i iz crp innit.

Nick

" The Almighty in his infinite wisdom did not see fit to create frenchmen in the image of Englishmen." :- Sir Winston Churchill.

Amy Rose is off-lineSilver Member
25 December 2010 18:59
AmyC_01
Model
AmyC_01
West Yorkshire
Leeds

LOL Nick if you can't then no one can...

Hmmm if you have them you have them im afraid...just make sure you state it on your profile...

All the best...

Amy x

1 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Robinsky