Toni & Guy TG5388UK Tourmaline Wave & Curl Tong 38mm

Cassie Jade is off-lineSilver Member
15 December 2010 12:56
whosthatgirl
Model
whosthatgirl
North Yorkshire
Leeds/Skipton

I'm hoping to get some large barrel tongs before xmas eve!

I've heard alot of bad reviews about the above curling tongs but not enough to put me off(I used to borrow the above tongs or a very simular curling tong when I was living with my friend)

Do you or anyone you know use these?

Which curlings tongs do you use?*picture and comment appreciated*

My next Studio Day will be held at Tip Top Studios Birmingham Date: Saturday 18TH Jan Please visit this Casting Call for details http://www.purestorm.com/view-casting-call.aspx?id=132580

15 December 2010 13:32
River
Model

Babyliss curling wand is great. There is no clip that holds the hair, you literally twist the hair round the barrel and hold it at the end (which is cool so you don't burn youself). It literally takes two seconds.
I can curl my whole head of hair using them in about 5-10 minutes, it is great, and only about £25
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

Peridot is off-line
15 December 2010 13:42
Peridot
Model
Peridot
London
London

Quote from River
Babyliss curling wand is great. There is no clip that holds the hair, you literally twist the hair round the barrel and hold it at the end (which is cool so you don't burn youself). It literally takes two seconds. I can curl my whole head of hair using them in about 5-10 minutes, it is great, and only about £25

10 minutes, seriously? Wow! May need to invest in one of these. Are they basically the same as the ones hairdressers sell for about 4 times the price?
Taking more nude bookings for a limited time only.

15 December 2010 14:41
River
Model

Yes, literally ten minutes. My hair isnt very layered though so if your hair is, you may need more time. Also, allow more time if your hair is very thick. The more hair you curl round the barrel the looser the waves will be, i love just roughly curling it and tousling it to look like sexy waves, or if you are really intricate you can properly ringlet your whole head. Its amazing, I havent tried any that are better. Look it up on google!
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

Cassie Jade is off-lineSilver Member
15 December 2010 16:31
whosthatgirl
Model
whosthatgirl
North Yorkshire
Leeds/Skipton

Quote from River
Yes, literally ten minutes. My hair isnt very layered though so if your hair is, you may need more time. Also, allow more time if your hair is very thick. The more hair you curl round the barrel the looser the waves will be, i love just roughly curling it and tousling it to look like sexy waves, or if you are really intricate you can properly ringlet your whole head. Its amazing, I havent tried any that are better. Look it up on google!

I looked this up on google many good reviews
I'm looking for a larger barrel to create loose curls without losing volume

*Please help!*

My next Studio Day will be held at Tip Top Studios Birmingham Date: Saturday 18TH Jan Please visit this Casting Call for details http://www.purestorm.com/view-casting-call.aspx?id=132580

16 December 2010 02:59
Jody_Maginnis
Model

I had the Babyliss ones thie big curl ones. but sold them. As nothing works on my hair. Even my hairdresser says my hair is too long and heavy to old a colour. She did how ever set it in rollers just to try it out. but my they were not the sort of colours i would walk outside with i looked like Denace the menace. So she straightend it all.

The closest i get to cursl using my ghds or curling tongs is a wave. as the curl drops out after a minute. All id like is some nice bouncy Big Curls. emoticon

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ansonphotography drew1299 ellessephotography