Reminder Secure

Hair opinions ladies? (and *possibly* gents!)....please?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
14 December 2010 18:07
River
Model

Hi all,

Im naturally a very dark blonde. Last summer, a friend of my mum's (who is a 'hairdresser') told me she would colour my hair a nice medium ash blonde for free. I let her do it, and it turned out bright peroxide blonde. It has taken months and lots of money and I eventually had it looking nice again. However recently the roots have become more prominant (litterally about 4 inches of roots?) and the darker blonde dye which was in the mid-lengths-ends of my hair, which was covering up the bright blonde, has faded. So long story short, I now have half natural, half very blonde hair.

Im looking to try and get my hair colour back to as close to natural as possible. Im tired of faffing around with hair colour and I think my dark blonde suits me. Is there any way I can find a dye which will match my natural colour, and how do I apply it? Or will I have to just wait and grow my hair out? What can I do in the mean time?

Sometimes I feel like shaving my head and starting all over again! lol!
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

Fisherface is off-line
14 December 2010 18:10
Fisherface
Make-up Artist
Fisherface
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Well, dip-dye is very fashionable at the moment!!  emoticon

You're probably best off going to the hairdressers...a different one!

15 December 2010 03:42
River
Model

Im new in this area and I dont know which hairdressers are trustworthy or not . Believe it or not the image which is being used as my main profile pic was taken just the other week...I dont appear to have any roots. Its the same with all of the images on my profile, I guess its the studio lighting. I can only notice my roots in the daylight when I have a ponytail
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

Laurie is off-line
15 December 2010 04:02
LaurieWilliams
Model

Pembrokeshire

Hey babe
Google hairdressers in your area and look at their reviews.
I am a hairdresser and the more you attempt to fix it the worse it will get!
Go and treat your self to having it done properly at a salon - the end results will be the best.
X

Ella-mae is off-lineSilver Member
16 December 2010 19:11
Ellamae10
Model
Ellamae10
West Sussex
Worthing - But will travel WORLDWIDE!

Hey River emoticon

The absolute BEST way to find yourself a good hair dresser when you've moved is to literally just ask around - if you see someone in the street with nice hair literally just walk right on up to them and ask!, they'll be flattered by the compliment and you'll get the tip off! Then simply ring and make an appointment for a free consultation.. And what you need to say when you book is that you're new to the area and that you're looking for a new salon to go to.. That should set alarm bells ringing at ANY good/reputable salon. Then they will most likely give you one of there better stylists to tempt you in also.

Then if you're still not sure, simply book yourself in on the day for a wash and blow dry for the next weekend - say you're going out or something! - then you can really test the water. Then, if you're still happy after that much fishing, take the plunge and book yourself in to have your hair sorted! By then they'll know your hair type, you should be seeing one of their best stylists.. And you've already done your own independent reseach in the street to know that it's not just a one off! Haha.

I KNOW it sounds VERY long winded, but i've done a lot of hair modelling in the past for very well known reputable salons, and they've ALL recommended the same for finding a good salon!!

Good luck either way with getting rid of the peroxide!

A neat little space to write something profound and thought provoking...

theperfectgentleman is off-line
21 December 2010 06:39
theperfectgentleman
Photographer
theperfectgentleman
Essex
Chelmsford

Hi

I am part of the species that can only think of one thing at a time.
But River and Fisherface are complementry to each other and don't live miles appart.
My thought is why dont you get together, and help each other.

It would be a fantastic partnership.

Tom

21 December 2010 10:19
River
Model

Tom- we are planning to do exactly that in early 2011 Im sure we will produce some great results!

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ad360photo antonart dby47 FirstLifePhotography woody