Reminder Secure

Dark circles....

01 December 2010 09:01
Moira
Model

I have always had dark circles under my eyes, even as a child, but recently they have been getting a lot worse and I was wondering if you ladies could share some tips on good products, treatments, etc?

I know it's got a lot to do with keeping your body hydrated but I drink plenty of water and always have done, so I can't imagine it's dehydration that causes the panda look.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!! 

01 December 2010 10:06
Dannsair
Model

Have your tried Garnier Eye Roll on? I use the oringinal for day to day use then the one with a touch of foundation in it for going out.
Beauty is within the eye of the beholder!

Chrissie Red is off-line
01 December 2010 10:11
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I got the 3 different garnier roll ones - the tinted under eye roll on which is in the yellowish package, the red one for wrinkles and the green one for eye bags..

(I have a line of freckles which im convinced are eyebags so I use everything I can).

I tried nivea q10 eye serum and it was crap, dont waste your money.

I got soap and glory - you wont believe your eyes roll on last week and I see a visable improvement, boots have buy 2 get 1 free at the moment, Also got some gorgeous moisturising cream which can go on with your makeup its great keeping your skin moisturised during the winter months.

01 December 2010 13:09
Moira
Model

Thanks girls, I have been using the tinted roll on for ages but it's not doing the job anymore Even with additional foundation on top of it I can't cover the buggers up.

I'll have a look for the S&G roll on, I've heard only good things about it so far. I think it's not only the fact that the circles are so dark but I've also been losing weight and it seems like having a slimmer face also means the skin around the eyes getting thinner

Bex White is off-lineSilver Member
01 December 2010 13:37
BexWhite
Model
BexWhite
East Sussex
Crowborough

Hi there,
I use estee lauder's concealer 'disappear' - it works wonders on dark circles

01 December 2010 13:40
Eva_Giles
Model

I use St IVES concealer. Go to the makeup counters in debenhams and ask around.

I cant think if anything that actually gets rid of it, but you should be able to cover dark circles up
Working upto lingerie at £15p/h.

Chrissie Red is off-line
01 December 2010 15:44
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

The s&g doesn't "hide" dark patches really.. It seems to treat them, without makeup my undereyes look much nicer and thats only after a couple of weeks of using it. I try not to put too much makeup under my eyes because it usually just sticks in the lines and makes them more noticeable..

Kaz B is off-line
09 December 2010 21:14
KazBxx
Model
KazBxx
Hertfordshire
Watford

Prevntion is better than covering them...

I found an amazing roll on by Forever young. It contains vitamin k which helps strengthen capillary walls and banishes dark circles. Also take plenty of vitamin c and e (preferably eat food containing these) and you can also apply vitamin e (in oil form) directly to the under eye area. Green tea also helps you tsya looking bright eyed and busy tailed, and this sounds boring but try your best to avoid alcohol and never drink before a shoot.

If you need a quick fix YSL's Touche Eclat is without a doubt one of the best under eye concealers on the market.

And finally never under estimate the power of a power nap followed by 5 mins of stretching and 5 mins of cardio!
www.KazB.co.uk www.twitter.com/kazbxx

10 December 2010 09:44
laurenlangley
Model

YSL touche eclat which is not a concealer, but a light diffuser, with an appropriate concealer over the top, water based rather than cream based if you have any wrinkling around the undereye area as this will exacerbate the look of shadows.Clinique airbrush concealer is fabulous.

Then to treat the actual circles-take a good, full spectrum multivitamin.
Estee lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Eye Recovery Complex is the best cream I can reccomend currently.

Use a cooling face mask or cooled tea bags or cucumber slices before makeup to reduce puffiness.xx
I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your Internet-assembled philosophy

10 December 2010 09:48
joey90
Model

Quote from Moira
I have always had dark circles under my eyes, even as a child, but recently they have been getting a lot worse and I was wondering if you ladies could share some tips on good products, treatments, etc?

I know it's got a lot to do with keeping your body hydrated but I drink plenty of water and always have done, so I can't imagine it's dehydration that causes the panda look.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!! 

i think  that the best treatments are the inexpensive ones. ie switch between hot cotton pads and cold spoons. that works a treat because it refreshes ur eyes and gives them a duey bright eyed look hope this helps! x
smile it's infectious :)

20 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
___Naomi___ danixhale Marcrot Sammi_1985
ansonphotography Creativedge david1500 DavidN dorrian eltel johnmphoto kai_kul Ladiesman mike0048 PhilStorm Rhadamanthus Thunder_Photos TonyNutley vipimages Willjamieson