Nick Vidler is off-line
13 December 2008 15:54
WhiteHorse
Studio
This member has been reset to pending
WhiteHorse
Essex
Dengie, Nr Southminster.

I've actually stumbled across images on MM in particular where make up has been applied through software use and some of the results are very impressive indeed. This isn't one from there but might give you an idea of what can be achieved at a fairly basic level.

http://www.nick-vidler.com/

Claire Shipman is off-line
13 December 2008 19:43
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Well thats my kit on ebay !!!

(JOKE)

Victoria Howard is off-line
23 February 2009 09:28
Victoria_Howard
Make-up Artist
Victoria_Howard
Hungary
Budapest

I charge based on a full day, body painting is time consuming, its not always just the time on site either, but all the design work and sketches you have to do too.

The only time I would charge for 1/2 day is it was a living statue all in one color. ie silver, as this is very quick to do even then it would have to be local work.

Sammyj is off-line
23 February 2009 15:07
lashestolockes
Make-up Artist
lashestolockes
Kent
Thanet

Hi all MUA

Since joining this site my pricing has been thrown upside down can someone give some guidance with the pricing of jobs in this area

I am an experienced make up artist but new to the way the pricing is done as I have been doing bridal.
 I charge for the job I do but I am not sure if i am charging a going rate can someone tell me what they would charge for a full and a half day for a glamour shoot, since i have been charging by the hour and I want to make sure I am giving clients a competetive price but at the same time respecting the art and artist's
I Look forward to hearing from you allemoticon
Samantha XXX Lashes to Lockes XXX

09 March 2009 15:59
echocolat
Make-up Artist

Quote from make_up_artists
has anybody else heard about this 'photoshop make-up' malarkie??? aparently photographers are adding all of the make-up on after the shoot with the newist photoshop!!!!

tongue3

I hate this!!! lol  Yeah have heard of this being used quite a bit!  Thing is, it will never "make up" (couldn't resist the pun) for what they lack in make up.  Well, in my humble opinion anyway! lol emoticon

Samantha Gardner is off-lineSilver Member
13 September 2009 14:31
PaintUpPowderUp
Make-up Artist

Cheshire

Hello everyone. *new forum user*

I too have seen a few examples of photoshopped makeup, - some horrendous and actually uploaded by makeup "artists" where theyve drawn on the eyeliner with the pencil tool, or coloured in the lips - and had comments on the photos where no one seems to have noticed!!

However have also seen examples by photographers which have been to a very high standard - (ive just spent ages trying to find this one example I had in mind but its disappeared!) - buuuuut, there had been a mua, and the photographer had photoshopped a design down the models cheek and neck. So her work wasnt touched, just soemthing extra added, which did look very good.

The photos provided above - they all look believable apart from the bottom two... however the poster did say 'achieved at a very basic level' - so yeah maybe its time to start worrying! haha

Michelle MacGregor is off-line
14 September 2009 14:21
ProMakeupMichelle
Make-up Artist
ProMakeupMichelle
London

hiya Claire,

I always do a minimum booking rate ie. £*** (up to 3hrs) then give my rates as per.

- up for 6hr)

Full day (up to 8hrs)

+ £?? per extra hour over 8hrs

Unless they originally state 12hours for music vid or film or tv
i'll give them an up front figure without giving my 3hr/6hr/8hr rates.

Hope that makes sense

Michelle MacGregor - Creator & Head Make-up Artist - www.glamitwithmac.com

14 September 2009 14:27
jesi
Make-up Artist

I charge per hour and depending on how far I have to travel, usually state a minimum of a 4 hour booking.  TV commercial work is sometimes different as they have their budget and usually offer thier rate for the shoot and you can either accept or not.

I absolutely hate it when models go and change their make up just before going on set and expect me not to notice!  I turn into the incredible hulk when that happens, lol!

Claire Shipman is off-line
14 September 2009 15:19
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Hi Everyone,

I asked this on:

Thursday, October 18, 2007 10:55 PM

Someone seems to have bumped it back upto the top, im ll sorted but thanks for the replies lol

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
boogiewoogieman fashion29
Add_barkaway bengie BobWright brettrothschild clarmike Daveinsurrey Djanimation Don_Dark duncanjames firstforimages Fluffypup freddie imageatthemill JOOPninja Ladiesman Lumen marty55uk mg MIB mickhowarth nevillenev Smooth_image Steveh32 TonyNutley xcellent
harbourstudio