This thread is being watched by 2 people
Rebzy is off-lineSilver Member
22 November 2010 16:59
Rebzy
Model
Rebzy
Lancashire
Blackburn

What is the best way to do your bikini line instead of shaving? I usually shave but want t stop doing it as it's making my skin very red and sore!

Thanks x

Ely is off-line
22 November 2010 17:04
Ely
Model
Ely
Lancashire
Blackburn

Shaving is the least painful in my opinion, lukewarm water, not to hot or cold as it makes the pores do mad things. 
Use extra sensitive soap/foam/insert preference here.
Use new razors all the time, might be the brand, what type you using? 
Shave with the growth first, then against it for super smoothness.
Moisturise well and keep on shaving daily, or as often as possible!

You have super sensitive skin anyway, so it may well be the products you use! 

Heehee, hope thats some good to ya! See you tomorrow for our shoot    xx
Life is like photography - You develop from the negatives!

22 November 2010 17:30
Lynniepants
Model

Shave, but use conditioner instead of shaving foam. Works for me.
Whatever I've just posted... Felicity Fatale agrees with me.

Rebzy is off-lineSilver Member
22 November 2010 17:49
Rebzy
Model
Rebzy
Lancashire
Blackburn

Thanks for the advice girls x

Razoir is off-line
22 November 2010 18:11
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

As someone who used to shave LOTS of blokes pubes and got paid for it. Yes honest and no I am not!!!

Good quality razor with the back guard removed (which makes it like using a cut-throat. They don't half hold still!) then shave DRY with lots of talcum powder.

The worst instruction was, 'Get him ready for a laparotomy.' That was nipples to knees and through. Work that out for yourself.

First one I ever did was like a bear!!!! I have NEVER seen such a hairy man. I was still scraping away an hour and a half later!!!
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

theperfectgentleman is off-line
28 November 2010 15:09
theperfectgentleman
Photographer
theperfectgentleman
Essex
Chelmsford

As  a mear man why should I give advice, but I have found the best thing for shaving both my hair and my ex partners is a product that I have only found in "Wilkinsons" and it only costs £1 for 100 shaves.  Look for a small plastic bottle called 4MEN.
I found from experiance of looking after my ex lady was after a bath moisten the hair and then rub 4/5 drops into the hair, and using a wet razor shave with the razor at a slight angle to the stroke of the razor, going with the hair.
rinse the razor after two strokes, continue until finished. Then sprinkle area again with water and  shave again against the line of growth.
Result a smoth moisturised area that lasts twice as long as a normal shave.

Tom.

28 November 2010 15:10
Vasilisa
Model

Stick some alcohol-free deo on it after shaving and it'll help with the rash - old stripper trick.
www.redvas.com

29 November 2010 14:49
Dannsair
Model

Why don't you try going to a good beauty salon and get it waxed. It may leave your skin a little red but only for a few hours. It doesn't hurt and will last longer than shaving.
Beauty is within the eye of the beholder!

29 November 2010 17:36
Nympheae
Model

I tried painful full bikini waxing, shaving leaving rash and growing back quickly, hair removing gels causing allergic reactions etc.

At the moment I'm saving up for a laser treatment - apparently permanent hair removal emoticon
In the meantime I shave along with using lignocaine gel before and after shaving. 
Lignocaine is a local anaesthetic and is sold on eBay as a bikini gel emoticon Stops rash, redness - works for me.
~ Don't argue with idiots, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. ~

PSN is off-line
29 November 2010 18:04
psn
Photographer

South Yorkshire
Doncaster

grow a beaver, in memory of Leslie Nielsen...

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 mandymack missbelluk rob452 scarlettfoxett Sifx
arfom_dphotography bopguy2k8 Cheshunt83 claypaws cliffc darimages dirkus frankpht Gaudinio James7799 lfc9_uk modelboutique Njsphotography philippahh Rule_of_Thumb storaa
mrchrishenry southdowns