Reminder Secure

How to make a model cry...

18 November 2010 17:06
leighmoore
Photographer

Apart from pushing levels or asking for "extras"emoticon, what's the best way to make a model cry and run her mascara?

It obviously needs to be 100% safe, what would you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance.
"OH YEAH!! Well Smurfs are blue and as a result look constantly chilly!" - AliceCat.

Paul Ottey is off-lineSilver Member
18 November 2010 17:12
otteypm
Photographer
otteypm
Staffordshire

Tearstick, its like vicks vaporub. Just hold it under the eyes and they will start streaming, I have had it done to me, by a pro makeup artist though. So they will probably know the right stuff to get.

On this shot the makeup artist just painted in the running mascara

Video Shizzle https://vimeo.com/user2367653/videos

18 November 2010 17:17
MMM_WOW
Make-up Artist

All according as to what effect you are after, if its real crying then the tear stick works well, allthough some can find it very irratable, if its just tears you want , then Mehron's sweat and tears will do the job very well emoticon

18 November 2010 17:21
kater
Model

I can always cry if I think about something that upsets me.
'please keep offending people, I love seeing you naked'.

18 November 2010 17:22
leighmoore
Photographer

Thanks guys, to clarify I'm more after the run mascara look, rather than the actual tears. Similar to Paul's example and, if you've seen it, the latest GHD advert.

By the sounds of it, tear stick or vics (which irritates the poop out of my eyes) is the way to go.

Cheers.
"OH YEAH!! Well Smurfs are blue and as a result look constantly chilly!" - AliceCat.

Karen Hegarty is off-line
19 November 2010 06:05
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

Only trouble is with tear stick vicks etc the models actual eye will be red and blood shot , if that is the result you want then fine but if not I would suggest fake tears and painted in running mascara. Good luck with the results .

19 November 2010 06:16
tasmintaylor
Model

ran natrully no crying involved but this dosnt help you because its shot in a shower i just held face in shower fo a bit maybe it will work if u get a bottle and pour a bit on at a time then dab exess water off with a towel once have desired look

Jim Gormley is off-line
19 November 2010 06:31
Truedefinition
Studio
This member has been reset to pending
Truedefinition
Greater Manchester
Stockport

This always works for me....................   Bambi
Hallam Mill - a creative Photographers playground - 2 Huge (i mean huge) Studios - Daylight - Flash - Infinity Curve - Props..

Bob Henshaw is off-line
19 November 2010 06:50
BobH
Photographer
BobH
Cheshire
Warrington

get the model to cut up an onion

Porcelain is off-line
12 October 2011 16:08
belledelaney
Model
belledelaney
Lancashire
Blackpool

kick them ?xx i and quite alot of other models perform as well so can cry on cue but this can ruin the rest of the face so i think painting it on is the best way xx

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
celebrateeverymoment Jessicaliu1993 mandymack
AndyGStudios antoinewynn antonart bilingbo BobWright Daddylonglense flawless_photo GlasgowPhotographer gshocker30 ImageStyle Kjoservices Ladiesman metro michael_cameraman mlp philippahh Rare1953 rscott360 Steveharratt Thunder_Photos Zuiko
grailmodels