Reminder Secure

Getting Bigger. What The 'Ell?!!

18 November 2010 10:39
princessleonie
Model

If i speak to someone they will just say i dont need to lose weight though like everyone does!
“Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today"

18 November 2010 10:41
Neil_Whiteley
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending

Quote from princessleonie
If i speak to someone they will just say i dont need to lose weight though like everyone does!

No, the dietician at your GPs surgery will advise you based on what you ask them. It's obvious that you don't need to lose weight but if you tell them the real reason you're there (bloating) they'll advise based on that. You have to be honest with them to get the best advice. They're not just there to advise on weight loss.
Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others. (Groucho Marx)

18 November 2010 10:48
princessleonie
Model

Ok thanks will do. As the bloating and the fact i havent done the other thing for a long time means i need to get this sorted. thanks for your help
“Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today"

18 November 2010 10:49
FelicityFatale
Photographer

Quote from princessleonie
Thanks everyone! The whole low carb/high protein thing i dont understand, sorry ? what sorts of things are these?? Ok so at the gym I either do running, the bike, or the cross trainer? I do an hour twice sometimes 3 times a week and i do yoga once a week. I dont go on the other machines at the gym which i know i should but theres always hot men in that part and i get embaressed As for eating I have a proetin diet shake in the morning, some ryvitas with low fat spread in the afternoon and then at night maybe a stir fry or soup or something more like a shepherds pie. depends really. I drink loads of green tea a day only one cup of coffee and no other drinks (except maybe on the weekends but not every weekend) At the start of the year when i wasnt doing this i was a 10/12 now im a 12/14

You need to like, double what you're eating.  At least.

And get on the weights machines at the gym, the guys will all help if you ask.
The first paradox of artistic photography: a near anonymous international style in the hands of prickly self-conscious individuals.

18 November 2010 10:51
FelicityFatale
Photographer

Quote from Neil_Whiteley
I agree, you need to get some proper advice but I wouldn't necessarily speak to someone at the gym. They have a vested interest in keeping you pumping weights and pedals at the gym and will advise a diet based solely on that.

Not at all.  If they're decent they will advice you based on who you are and what you want to be.  Especially if they're an independent trainer with no sales targets to hit.
The first paradox of artistic photography: a near anonymous international style in the hands of prickly self-conscious individuals.

Suzy Monty is off-line
18 November 2010 11:03
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Would suggest you have a thyroid function test..in case it's Hypothyroidism. It's only a simple blood test.emoticon

For extra exercise to flatten tummy try using hula hoop or belly dancing.

Good luck.
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

19 November 2010 03:44
Jody_Maginnis
Model

Maybe you just have water retention, some protein based foods contain alot of Sodium (salt) which will then make your body retain water which would cause bloating. I know you say you drink alot of water. but maybe not enough. You will know when your drinking enough water when your pee is exact the same colour as water.

I drink alot of water but dont exercise as much as you. and im thinking with all that exercise you need to up your intake even more.

But like the others said its maybe best to get an experts opinion at your gym.

Haylez is off-line
06 January 2011 02:29
haylez
Model
haylez
Shropshire
Shrewsbury

You could be intolerant to something like wheat!

Easily sorted so nip to your local docs and ask to be tested xx
"Good things come in small packages!!*

Spike is off-line
06 January 2011 03:29
Spike
Photographer
Spike
Hertfordshire
St Albans

One other point to consider you mention you are getting heavier & think you stomach is bigger - check both your weight & measurements - muscle is 4 times as dense as fat QED people can get fitter & tone their body shape through excercise yet find they weigh more.

Plus some of the foods thought of as "healthy" - particularly fruit & fruit juices contain large amounts of sugar,

And there is the other great source of unoticed calories -alcoholic drinks - alcopops depending on brand between 150 - 250 kcal per bottle.

As others have said talk to your GP.

"Photoshop is there to cut diamonds, not polish turds"

7 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa
237marc Edphoto Manchestertog1 Njsphotography photofrank redtail