Reminder Secure

Getting Bigger. What The 'Ell?!!

18 November 2010 09:37
princessleonie
Model

Hey people! I need help/advice/a miracle? Im not sure but I have been eating healthy (ish, i do have bad days i admit), I go to the gym, I go to yoga, I dont drink any fizzy drinks, I drink water, green tea, I definitly burn more calories than i eat but im getting bigger not smaller? I weigh more, im sure my stomach looks bigger? and i dont know what to do!

Help! xx

P.s. im NOT pregnant! emoticon
“Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today"

Ernie is off-lineSilver Member
18 November 2010 09:52
imernie
Photographer
imernie
Hampshire
Fleet

I think your metabolism is slowing down due to the fact that your not eating enough,
you body is storing the calories you eat because it's in survival mode.Check your diet, maybe change it to high protein diet low fat and low carbs. Best ask your Doctor though...
Answer an email, it's polite!

18 November 2010 09:53
aleshaalex
Model

Hey!!
What exercises r u doing at the gym?
I went gum everyday and at first lost weight then lost nothing 4 ages..main reasons is your body gets used to doing same routine..u need to alternate what u do..also square and weights r usually best for weight loss.
What r u eating?
I have lost 2 stone so I may be able to help u out x x

Nina is off-line
18 November 2010 09:58
Nina_B
Model
Nina_B
Essex
Southend on Sea

are you eating enough? it sounds mad but the less you eat the more your body holds on too.. your tummy doesnt know when its gonna be fed again so it makes the most of it.. also lots of cardio at the gym.. you could try appitite suppressers and fat burners along with everything else x

18 November 2010 10:06
aleshaalex
Model

i meant gym not gum..and squats not squares..damn predictive on my phone!! x

i lost weight by eating low carb..this doesnt work 4 everyone but it did me..and high proteins..loads of water x

18 November 2010 10:22
princessleonie
Model

Thanks everyone!

The whole low carb/high protein thing i dont understand, sorry ? what sorts of things are these??

Ok so at the gym I either do running, the bike, or the cross trainer? I do an hour twice sometimes 3 times a week and i do yoga once a week. I dont go on the other machines at the gym which i know i should but theres always hot men in that part and i get embaressed

As for eating I have a proetin diet shake in the morning, some ryvitas with low fat spread in the afternoon and then at night maybe a stir fry or soup or something more like a shepherds pie. depends really. I drink loads of green tea a day only one cup of coffee and no other drinks (except maybe on the weekends but not every weekend)

At the start of the year when i wasnt doing this i was a 10/12 now im a 12/14

18 November 2010 10:29
Neil_Whiteley
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending

Hi,

Have you conscidered that it may just be that you are now carrying more muscle than fat?

Muscle weighs more than fat and so weight is really not a good indicator of size. Use measurements of your body to judge your size over time instead.

Edit: Didn't read you last post properly. Dress size can also be misleading as regular gym work will change your body shape if you are not on a managed programme and just work out randomly.
Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others. (Groucho Marx)

18 November 2010 10:35
princessleonie
Model

My tummys definitly bigger though. surely i couldnt go up a dress size from the gym? If so wish i wasnt wasting my 50 sheets a month!

The other thing is like say today all ive had is an apple, a protein shake and some ryvitas and my i feel really bloated and my tummy has gone huge this afternoon as if i have just eaten a massive pasta? i dont get it!

18 November 2010 10:43
Neil_Whiteley
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending

Quote from princessleonie
My tummys definitly bigger though. surely i couldnt go up a dress size from the gym? If so wish i wasnt wasting my 50 sheets a month! The other thing is like say today all ive had is an apple, a protein shake and some ryvitas and my i feel really bloated and my tummy has gone huge this afternoon as if i have just eaten a massive pasta? i dont get it!

It's easy to put on a dress size by going to the gym. Depending on what you're doing, your hips and thighs may get wider and your back may get broader but this will give you a more hourglass shape. Working with weights builds short muscle which adds size. Yoga on the other hand builds long slender muscle and so you will tone without adding as much bulk.

Your tummy bloating, on the other hand, could be down to lots of things but bloating is normally temporary. Bloating is normally acompanied by other things like constipation or farting which could indicate that something in your diet is causing it. Get some nutritional advice.
Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others. (Groucho Marx)

Ernie is off-lineSilver Member
18 November 2010 10:43
imernie
Photographer
imernie
Hampshire
Fleet

The change in diet is obviously not right for you, Check the dieticain at your local doctors they will defo beable to suss this out for you. Its only been since you changed your diet so has to be connected with that..
Answer an email, it's polite!

15 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin pinklilly SJH30
bogan browny7 dave_a Edphoto FirstLifePhotography Hazy martinchristie paulj1980 photostevo redtail RenedeHaan Steveh32