Reminder Secure

Is this legal in casting calls Female Body Painter required

This thread is currently locked
17 November 2010 10:51
MMM_WOW
Make-up Artist

I thought that nowadays one wasnt supposed to be gender specific, OK if it is for a model as the requirements can be gender specific, but offering work on a pre selection criteria of gender is against the law , well at least I thought it wasemoticonemoticon

17 November 2010 10:52
FelicityFatale
Photographer

I was under the impression that unless it's something like modelling, acting etc, you were not allowed to advertise for female only staff / contractors.
The first paradox of artistic photography: a near anonymous international style in the hands of prickly self-conscious individuals.

ForumModerator is a moderatorPlatinum Member
17 November 2010 10:58
ForumModerator

West Sussex

Quote from MMM_WOW
offering work on a pre selection criteria of gender is against the law , well at least I thought it was

1] Employment Legislation only covers Employment
2] There are certain areas of employment where gender may be specified
If wishing to employ and in any doubt ask your local DWP for guidance

~~~~~~~~

38 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
astramore Cody Skylerlondon
63jian andyf antoinewynn Belemboo carshaltonkev casell Cheshunt83 chriscooze dby47 digitalheavens Dolayley firsttake freddie gkeesuk gshocker30 JK10001 john_at_tina_spice Jonathan52 liteangle Mantisphoto Matthieulefevre MauricesImagery moritz78 mrdl Rawandthecooked RupertRudd saturn933 shadowtime74 siclews spiritofwales stevegosh sweepman vapourtrail westend_portfolios
harbourstudio