Reminder Secure

Laser Eye Surgery

Jms is off-line
04 November 2010 20:20
Jms123
Model

Kent
Dartford

Has anyone on here ever had laser eye surgery? i have an appointment for a consultation tomorrow and just want to no off other peoples experiences with laser eye surgery?
Thankyou Jade xx

04 November 2010 21:16
slayer
Photographer
This member has been suspended

had it done in may. best thing i ever did.

25 years of glasses and contact lenses. now i have better than 20/20 vision
Campbell Photographic - Your Image Is Our Business www.campbellphotographic.co.uk

Jms is off-line
04 November 2010 21:54
Jms123
Model

Kent
Dartford

Thats Brilliant Thankyou

05 November 2010 05:05
jdtate101
Photographer

I had mine done in 1996, before the most modern procedures. Was painful and took a long time to heal, but that was more to do with the way they did it back then. I have 20/20 vision but have some very minor halo's at night (eg when driving), but the brain just filters it out. The more modern way of doing the op should eliminate this altogether. Mine was done by burning the surface with a laser, but I believe they now cut a flap, laser underneath then put the flap back down, or something like that. Anyway it's supposed to be much less painful and heals very fast. Mine cost about £400 per eye in 1996, but was the best money I ever spent, as year of contacts and glasses really jdtate101 is a naughty person ed me off. I had a quite bad prescription too, -4.5, -4 , so was really quite bad.
best of luck, but remember to take a friend along when you get the op done as you will be drugged up and won't be able to drive after.
www.jamestatephotography.co.uk www.vimeo.com/jdtate101

Orson Carter is off-line
05 November 2010 05:06
orsoncarter
Photographer
orsoncarter
Somerset
near Frome

My wife had both her eyes done about 15 years ago (not at the same time!) and she was delighted with the results. She used Optimax in Bristol.
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck

05 November 2010 05:44
jdtate101
Photographer

Mine were done also at Optimax in Bristol.
www.jamestatephotography.co.uk www.vimeo.com/jdtate101

Cody is off-lineSilver Member
05 November 2010 05:45
Cody
Model
Cody
Oxfordshire
bicester

I had mine done 5 years ago at Ultralase in Birmingham. Quick recovery and great vision

Mark Laurence is off-line
05 November 2010 06:05
flash_sparky
Photographer
flash_sparky
Wiltshire
Bromham

Hi,

Had mine done 2 years ago at Optical Express - again in Bristol! Echoing what others have said, it was the best money I ever spent! Total cost was 2K (700 for one eye, 1300 for the other). Was also totally painless (for me), for hours after I kept expecting the pain to kick in, but it never did. Good nights sleep and everything was fine, ended up with better than 20/20 vision.

One thing I would advise is to stick to the week or so pre-op rules (i.e no contacts) and definitely to the 4 week aftercare period (theres some eye drops and what-have-you).

These days its becoming such a routine op that I believe any complications are extremely rare.

Mark

Jms is off-line
05 November 2010 07:52
Jms123
Model

Kent
Dartford

Thankyou so much everyone i feel alot better about it now My consultation is with optical express just not bristol lol xxx

Bill Haley is off-lineSilver Member
09 November 2010 15:04
pompeytog
Photographer
pompeytog
Hampshire
Portsmouth

Had mine done about ten years ago by Ultralase in Birmingham. +1 to those that have said best money ever spent. Mine were done both at the same time and the only pain was about an hour later and it felt like I had grit in my eye for about two hours. My prescription was -6.5 so I was blind without my bins, still better than 20-20 ten years later. I also get a slight halo effect if driving in rain at night but used to get that with the bins and contacts anyway, and it doesn't cause me a problem.
How hard can it be?

21 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin
albaphotos coolc700 jamstephto keltica Ladiesman MauricesImagery mikehemmings MrNeil Njsphotography noellynoel PhilStorm PHP_Photography RenedeHaan stevegosh steveh32 Thunder_Photos Tonypleavin Wildman69 woody
Lensmaster