Advice on own make up

lee lee is off-line
16 October 2010 18:05
leelee_25
Model
leelee_25
Merseyside
liverpool

after some advice and feedback on my attempt of make up?? would this be good enough to shoot and how can i improve, it would be helpful if i could do my own as getting a MUA isnt always possible

thanks

xxx
leanne xxx

Alice Rage is off-lineSilver Member
16 October 2010 18:29
Rage
Model
Rage
Glasgow
Airdrie

Would what be good enough to shoot?
Your main image?

Sorry little comfusing
x
I am doll eyes. Doll mouth, doll legs. I am doll arms, big veins, dog bait I am doll parts. Bad skin, doll heart.

16 October 2010 18:35
kelly2009
Model

Quote from Rage
Would what be good enough to shoot? Your main image? Sorry little comfusing x

Yes i think she means the main image (when you roll over pic the title reads own attempt at makeup) emoticon confused me a bit aswell.

To OP i don't like the make up attempt sorry
nothing to say

16 October 2010 18:39
BaileyK
Model

Quote from leelee_25
after some advice and feedback on my attempt of make up?? would this be good enough to shoot and how can i improve, it would be helpful if i could do my own as getting a MUA isnt always possible

thanks

xxx

No
Tone it down currently on a scale its at DRAG!
You seem to be pretty tone it right down there is NO WAY you need that much make-up
SEE
STUNNING!
Nice boobies too
**I do hope that doesn't sound too harsh!**

Chrissie Red is off-line
16 October 2010 18:47
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

have a look on youtube for videos - tips and advice on makeup..
Then get a mirror out and practice.
Your main image may work with the right style/lighting/processing but as it stands it looks kind of similar to a drag queens makeup (not saying you look like a dragqueen just the makeup) easy on the blusher...

Alice Rage is off-lineSilver Member
16 October 2010 18:57
Rage
Model
Rage
Glasgow
Airdrie

Quote from kelly2009
Yes i think she means the main image (when you roll over pic the title reads own attempt at makeup) emoticon confused me a bit aswell.

To OP i don't like the make up attempt sorry

Thanks.

Yeah it looks very Drag Queen styled - try to go more suttle, less is more.
x
I am doll eyes. Doll mouth, doll legs. I am doll arms, big veins, dog bait I am doll parts. Bad skin, doll heart.

16 October 2010 19:27
Quirkybutcute
Model

Without sounding rude, I'm going to offer you some advice from the little I know and see if I can help you out at all.
Your foundation doesn't seem to match your skin tone, you're having to put a lot on to cover your face when if it fits your tone right you should need very little, so go to a makeup counter like clinique and see if they can match one to your skin tone.
Bit too much blusher, find a nice red/pink lipstick and gently dab a TINY bit along your cheeks to compliment your tone.
You need to go a couple of shades lighter on your eyebrow liner. I like to draw mine on too, as I have naturally very thin eyebrows and I like the pin up look. I use eyeliner rather than brow liner as it stays longer. Don't draw on too hard, instead do it lightly and build it up gradually. I tend to do it a little bit and define my brows and then once my makeup is complete, I go a little bit more.
Bit too much eye makeup. There are plenty of videos on youtube to help you out. Start off with a base colour on your lids and darker edges, you seem to have the idea, but done it a little too much, also I think that silver/charcoal look doesn't suit you until you get a good foundation that matches your tone. I wouldn't put too much eyeliner under your eyes, but some on top.

I can tell you have the basics, you've just 'tried too hard' without sounding horrible! Hope its been constructive. I'm not an MUA but I'm pretty good with makeup and theatrical styles as I do it as a bit of fun among my friends . Its a shame you don't live closer to me or I would love to teach you what it is I'm talking about

*La la la la la, I can't hear you.*

lee lee is off-line
17 October 2010 08:45
leelee_25
Model
leelee_25
Merseyside
liverpool

thanks guys.

appriciate the feedback i was going to the rocky horror so did go OTT.....unfortuanlty i used to hide i was a ginger and got my eyebrows tattoed black to match my black hair

i will definatly go ang check for a foundation that matches

thanks again x x
leanne xxx

17 October 2010 09:24
BaileyK
Model

Quote from leelee_25
thanks guys. appriciate the feedback i was going to the rocky horror so did go OTT.....unfortuanlty i used to hide i was a ginger and got my eyebrows tattoed black to match my black hair i will definatly go ang check for a foundation that matches thanks again x x

Honest that shot I showed of you you look great!!!
You don't need lots of slap thats for the ugly ones bubba!
x

Karen Hegarty is off-line
17 October 2010 11:03
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

Hi I would have to agree the make up is way to heavy. Whilst you do need more for photographic work but it still needs to look good. Sometimes a lot of make up is needed it really depends on the style of the shoot.
Even a very natural beauty shot requires a fair bit of make up its how you apply it. I would say shop around for a foundation not necessarily go to to clinique there are a lot better brands out there.
I would say the worst thing is the eyebrows, they are way to heavy for you even for a well defined brow, but if they are tattoed on then not sure there is much you can do until they fade. Your blusher is in the wrong place for your face shape. Your colours are too "cool" for your colouring too.
I am not so far away from you if you need a lesson or to use me as an MUA feel free to pm me anytime.
I would say practice makes perfect though. Start off lighter and build it up, just play around with colours etc until you feel confident.
Hope this helps

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AmberBray fashion29 Miguel Winterlilly
bengie clarmike GerryS2 gshocker30 keltica Kjoservices Ladiesman mlp Pat9669A philippahh Photo_phil poah Rhadamanthus ricciarelli Richard99 smooth_image steveh32 Stuh Willy_O xsa73