Reminder Secure

Skin help!

12 October 2010 16:18
Dido_Wend
Model

So, at very ripe old age of 23, for the first time in my life, I'm starting to have spots... and it's not funny. They aren't the kind with a big head-more like very small things, but with an angry red zone around. What can I do about them? I usually do the cleansing-toning-moisturizing thing every night, with good products that were actually recommended personally by a beautician, and I eat pretty healthy as well.
Also, any ideas of what may have caused them? Can it be the change of weather- from the dry and hot Madrid to the cooler and humid England?
Booking for December now- send me a PM! :)

12 October 2010 16:57
mabongwen
Model

could be hormonal a sudden shift in your hormone levels, could be the weather or could be you have touched somethign then touched your face and transferred bacteria on to your skin.

Just a good soap will clear it up most probably if its the latter unfortunatley the other two are out of your control and your going to have to just continue with your skin reigeime as before and they will go.
I love it when you flex like that :P

13 October 2010 06:06
River
Model

Could be a number of things that have caused them, hormonal changes, a change in your diet, the weather ect. I found my skin got better in the summer when I am exposed to more sunlight, and worse in the winter.

Make sure you change your pillow cover every 1-2 nights, drink lots of water and wash your face twice a day with a mild face wash. Ive been using 2 creams from the doctor for my skin and it has never been better, but beforehand, I used to literally just wash it and leave it. Letting the air get to it improved it, putting moisturisers/creams on it did nothing, and if anything, made it worse.

Oh, and try not to touch your face. Wash your hands if you need to
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

13 October 2010 06:46
Dido_Wend
Model

Thanks! The pillow case thing is a brilliant idea

13 October 2010 06:53
Rachael_C
Model

Where abouts are the spots occuring? in a particular place onyour face?
I love tea

13 October 2010 08:19
Dido_Wend
Model

Quote from Rachael_C
Where abouts are the spots occuring? in a particular place onyour face?

Cheeks... specially the left one. Why, does it mean something?

Bill Haley is off-lineSilver Member
13 October 2010 14:07
pompeytog
Photographer
pompeytog
Hampshire
Portsmouth

Measles?
How hard can it be?

13 October 2010 17:02
Dido_Wend
Model

Quote from pompeytog
Measles?

haha, thank God is not nearly that bad

13 October 2010 17:12
Quirkybutcute
Model

I use a tea tree facial wash from body shop and it sorted out my spots to the point where I have brilliant skin and only ever get spots if I'm really run down or ill.

It brings up spots even worse when you first use it, but after that, SPOT FREE
*La la la la la, I can't hear you.*

13 October 2010 17:14
BaileyK
Model

WATER!
WITCH HAZEL!
CLEANSE AND TONE EVERY DAY AND NIGHT!
ERM!!!

The pillow thing is good too!

13 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Just_Janine Krystald michelledefeo1 Welshrose2009
BOBREEVES copperbronze darimages dave@studio99 ellessephotography frankpht GGDP_Photography Lssm2 rscott360