interested to know ....

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Karen Hegarty is off-line
09 October 2010 08:52
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

on a recent casting  for a calender shoot, for one model but I am assuming 12 different looks ( as most calender have 12 months don't they lol) for make up and hairstyling in London, I would be interested to know what people think a fair fee would be for this, I ask because I got the impression I was deemed to be charging over the top! I didn't think so only charging the industry rate, and considering it was out of my area but in this business we need to travel off our door step for work sometimes lol, I actually didn't think I would get the casting as I thought someone more local would be given preference, but one can but try for these things. I like to work with new people sometimes and step out of my comfort zone, as well as my lovely regular clients. But the distance wasn't the problem but my rate ! I was a tad surprised at the curt reply.
Let me know your thoughts girls and guys.  You can pm me if you prefer. emoticon Karen x

15 October 2010 16:59
MMM_WOW
Make-up Artist

This is going to cause a riot

Those living and working in London tend to expect to be paid the going rate for any work they do Plus the addition of London weighting.

However !!! if asking for people to travel into the big city they want to pay local rates (if your lucky)

So someone coming from outside London to shoot with a London model and a London photographer are not expected to charge as everything outside of London is free so you wont need paying, and besides you will get to be published in a calender of a London model what more are you expecting, wages, travel, kit costs covered, damn girl you will be expecting to earn a living from doing make up next

15 October 2010 17:09
Zoi
Model

Somewhere in the £200-£350 range seems normal?

Karen Hegarty is off-line
16 October 2010 06:20
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

LMAO @ John !!!!!! yes I forgot all of that, I was expected to charge next to nothing and pay for my own travel for the privilage of working in London lol. Anyway the fee I quoted I thought was more than reasonable if not a little low for what was expected, and with the responses I have had on pm and on here it is deemed more than reasonable and in line with fees quoted here by other artists and models alike so goodness knows what this model was quoted, but then you do get what you pay for they say don't they.
Thanks for you reply Zoi also.

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Angeleyes777 danixhale fashion29 Krystald pinklilly Shannone Zadi
63jian android_man bradder carpe_diem Dandelion djb1 doughnut dwhphotography JOOPninja keltica Kjoservices Lumen MIB mikebee mrdl nemesis Puremoods Rhadamanthus ronniefesta thelook Thunder_Photos