KC_Makeup
Essex
Dagenham

Any tips / suggestions ? x
Never Say Never . . .

20 September 2010 05:58
PhilDrinkwater
Photographer

Either pay a photographer whose work you like, or offer to do TFP with people and work your way up...
www.phildrinkwater.co.uk www.facebook.com/phildrinkwater

Stephanie Weir is off-line
23 September 2010 04:09
steffwerimakeup
Make-up Artist

Merseyside

Hi! You could also get yourself a decent camera and get your mates involved. That way there isnt any limits to the sort of make up you can do! There are plenty of photographers looking for TFP also. Google your local photographers and just give them a call and see what they say.

Good Luck

www.steffweirmakeup.co.uk

23 September 2010 10:12
PhilDrinkwater
Photographer

Quote from steffwerimakeup
Hi! You could also get yourself a decent camera and get your mates involved. That way there isnt any limits to the sort of make up you can do! There are plenty of photographers looking for TFP also. Google your local photographers and just give them a call and see what they say.

Good Luck

www.steffweirmakeup.co.uk

It's obviously a personal choice, but I wouldn't take any MUA who had sigificant "own camera" pics on their profile that seriously... but that's just me Just something to consider. IMO leave the photography to a photographer.

However, it can be useful to experiment on friends before a big photoshoot. I know many MUAs who do that.
www.phildrinkwater.co.uk www.facebook.com/phildrinkwater

Stephanie Weir is off-line
24 September 2010 02:41
steffwerimakeup
Make-up Artist

Merseyside

I see your point! I thought of it more as a starting point as a sort of personal portfolio? We had to do it in college many moons ago and it really helped me. I have a few home snaps on my website but thats more wedding consultations or fancy dress makeup take a look on www.steffweirmakeup.co.uk and you'll see what I mean. 

I'm impressed with you burns victim by the way. Very Gory

By taking your own pictures a MUA can practice different looks and make up techniques to see what works on camera and what doesn't. 33%+ of make up is lost depending on what flash is used and different colours work in different lights.

For MUA's who want to concentrate on high fashion make up taking pictures from a distance helps them to see what colours get lost at distance and on camera, great for practicing catwalk make up.

This is also great when you do wedding make up as the mojority of bridal make up pics in somebody's portfolio are taken by a MUA or their assistant unless the photograper gives you some pictures or you purchase them.

I'm probably waffling on as you probably know all this lol!

I sorry if I don't sound serious in what I do but ringing around local photographers for TFP certantly helped me out when I first started. Hope this helps KC_makeup I think you'll do great x

Rich G is off-line
24 September 2010 04:45
SMILESPHOTO
Photographer
SMILESPHOTO
Kent

Hi Katrina.

I'm currently arranging various shoots for this coming November - if you fancy crossing the QE2 Bridge into sunny Kent I'm sure a TF shoot could be sorted  Mail me if you're interested.

Rich.
HAPPY TO WORK UP TO OPEN WALLET LEVELS

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Laila19 Michelledefeo1 tanyacox winX
ad360photo alienation2 antoinewynn bradder coolc700 CutePoacher duncanjames frankpht gerry99111 Images1854 James7799 Kjoservices lenspoynter nycoe scruff stevegosh steveh32 Willjamieson
photo39