Need to get a whole new kit....HELP

Katrina-Jayne is off-line
18 September 2010 17:10
KC_Makeup
Make-up Artist
KC_Makeup
Essex
Dagenham

Where, who and how much!? . . . . I've only ever used the make-up I got in my college kit, but now need to basically build up a brand new one.

How much are we looking at? What products are best? What would you recommend me to get?

Any help greatly appreciated!!! x
Never Say Never . . .

David Hunt Images is off-lineSilver Member
19 September 2010 01:29
DavidHunt
Photographer
DavidHunt
Hampshire
Portsmouth

Contact Tina at www.themakeoverstudio.com she may be able to help
www.davidhuntimages.co.uk www.themakeoverstudio.com

Stephanie Weir is off-line
23 September 2010 04:15
steffwerimakeup
Make-up Artist

Merseyside

hi!
Building a kit can take time and it never finishes! Make up is a personal preferance to you. Make sure you test everything before you buy! Some people will only have mac or benifit etc in their kits but I like to have a good mixture! Its all trial and error. A make up artist may recommend a foundation to you and you dont like it! So good luck and enjoy having a play with all the products out there

All the best

www.steffweirmakeup.co.uk

06 October 2010 15:08
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

I agree, I have a whole mixture of make up ranging from as cheap as Rimmel to the high end Laura Mercier. Its a matter of taste and trial and error

Stuart and Lucy Moore is off-line
13 December 2010 16:29
kyber
Photographer
kyber
Shropshire
NEWPORT

Just out of interest, which bits of a make-up kit have to be replaced/cleaned/disposed of between models and between sessions for hygiene reasons?
if you are not confused, you are misinformed

Claire Shipman is off-line
14 December 2010 14:24
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

This is something only you as a developing artist can decide on, only 4 years later am I happy with my kit but I still add new and reccommended products weekly just to try them and see if they make it into my kit! I worked out to date Ive spent about £4,000 on it gulp :S thats without taking into account what ive spent on things that didnt get into my kit!!! But to begin with just work out what your essentails are and build from there, I would say your biggest and most important investment will be your foundations as they are my base for perfection if the skin is perfect most things seem to follow.

Depending on what area you want to work in you will need different products it really is trial and error.

Victoria Howard is off-line
16 December 2010 06:58
Victoria_Howard
Make-up Artist
Victoria_Howard
Hungary
Budapest

Kyber

Pretty much anything that is used or handled that day will have to be either cleaned (if it is possible to clean the item) or otherwise disposables will have to be used. A MUA will also often have to scrap out the products into a pallet - which can lead to more product being used, plus the cost of a pallet,  hence part of the reason why a MUA kit can really add up.

32 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Jessica_Knight
bigearspix dave@studio99 digitizer eosfan gazzer59 gordon Ianmcculloch j3ff James7799 jonnywoo kingnorman13nk kinofist lester2705 Look_Sharp markeos50d martinchristie Mattcairns MIB Mike103 moritz78 nemesis nvidia phphotoimages picusio RCBB rscott360 stephenmuddell Steveh32 supaglam xposed