Search profiles by region

desyek is off-line
27 November 2011 20:09
desyek
Photographer
desyek
Mid Glamorgan

Quote from ForumModerator
This has been brought up many times before, but for those who are unaware.
when Matt created the Purestorm database Post Office postcode data was unavailable
at reasonable cost to web designers so he did not build in this as a requirement of registration.
Only the Country and County fields in the Address section have been Required rather than Optional
so very few members have provided this information over the last 7 years that the site has been active.
Member searches by County are therefore possible but by postcode are currently impossible.
Casting Call Searches by County were originally tried but proved to be unworkable
so a region-based system was quickly introduced to crack the problem.

Matt is currently working on a new Search Criteria system so until then the above applies for England.
Wales, Scotland & Northern Ireland should be self-explanatory.

Note that Casting Call Notifications can be tailored for multiple regions to suit members' specific requirements

How so exactly?

There's a South and there's a North Wales according to the regions - and it's impossible to search members by North and South Wales. Where's Mid Wales gone?

Until there's a better search facility, I'll just have to keep sourcing my models from other websites and use PS purely as a 'hosting' site.
Mr. Jelly! Mr. Jelly! Error at Address Number 6, Treacle Mine Road. Melon melon melon +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++ +++Whoops! Here comes the cheese! +++

desyek is off-line
27 November 2011 20:12
desyek
Photographer
desyek
Mid Glamorgan

Quote from Two_stops
Come on, how can it work right when Matt thinks greater London is in the North Sea.

John

John, that tickled me!

May explain why politicians are 'slippery' - all the oil fields...
Mr. Jelly! Mr. Jelly! Error at Address Number 6, Treacle Mine Road. Melon melon melon +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++ +++Whoops! Here comes the cheese! +++

Jimbo is off-line
28 November 2011 04:28
jimbojetset
Photographer
jimbojetset
London
Uxbridge

Have not read all this, however would like to be able to search by experience.
And the nearest town should be provided, not just county.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
28 November 2011 04:31
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I'd have to say that I do love the way Purpleport does this whereby you can search a radius of a town/postcode - far easier than trying to determine what counties are in what regions.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

G Jack B is off-line
28 November 2011 06:41
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Devon
Plymouth

An email to all members that it is a requirement to enter the first 3 characters of your postcode would populate the data easily.
The old profiles would not which is great as they are annoying anyhow.
If we knew that a new search system based on distance from postcode was then being implemented Im sure most users would update their profiles accordingly...... go on stick it on the bottom of your happy xmas email to everyone.... PLEASE
Real Bread Cook by day, BTL landlord & IT Guru - who said men can't multitask!

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Angeleyes777 danixhale fashion29 Krystald pinklilly Shannone Zadi
63jian android_man bradder carpe_diem Dandelion djb1 donaldmac doughnut dwhphotography JOOPninja keltica Kjoservices Lumen MIB mikebee mrdl nemesis Puremoods Rhadamanthus ronniefesta thelook Thunder_Photos