Search profiles by region

Hugh is off-lineGold Member
18 November 2011 17:08
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

South, mid and north Wales would be nice!
It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

desyek is off-line
19 November 2011 05:12
desyek
Photographer
desyek
Mid Glamorgan

Quote from corbystock
It was a lot easier when it was counties. I live between Southampton & Bournemouth but get casting calls from Kent & Plymouth ( frikkin miles away !) If it aint broke 'n' all that!

Please see original post about counties.

Where I am currently located, I can travel to Neath Port Talbot county within 2 miles, I'm in RCT or the Vale of Glamorgan within 15 miles, Cardiff, Merthyr, Swansea and Caerphilly Counties within 30 miles and within 50 miles I'm only missing out on Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and Monmouthshire in the South.
Mr. Jelly! Mr. Jelly! Error at Address Number 6, Treacle Mine Road. Melon melon melon +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++ +++Whoops! Here comes the cheese! +++

Photolion is off-lineSilver Member
19 November 2011 05:59
kpg
Photographer
kpg
Essex
Wickford

Quote from anthonyh
This issue has been raised before. It is hard to see why we can't have a method whereby a member types in a location and can search from there, at any radius out. MM and eBay manage it.

The problem I have with radius searches is the Thames - I can merrily search within a reasonable 30 minute drive and end up with many well over an hour once I've gone through Dartford.  Now if I could exclude everyone from Kent at the same time... (No offence meant to people from Kent, you're lovely people really, you just didn't build your half of the bridge so now we call our half "Southend Pier".)

wq0pco is off-lineSilver Member
20 November 2011 11:59
wq0pco
Photographer
wq0pco
Tyne and Wear
Sunderland

Quote from anthonyh
This issue has been raised before. It is hard to see why we can't have a method whereby a member types in a location and can search from there, at any radius out. MM and eBay manage it.

Is the correct answer.......

20 November 2011 12:02
wq0pco
Photographer
wq0pco
Tyne and Wear
Sunderland

Quote from desyek
Maybe so, but what's the problem in creating a "South, Mid and North Wales" section?

And what's so bloody hard in keeping Yorkshire towns/cities out of the NORTH EAST!! Barnsley, Doncaster, Bradford in the NE?? Ridiculous!!

Jesus, just spotted one CC for Lincoln classed as the NE..... FARCICAL!

ForumModerator is a moderatorPlatinum Member
20 November 2011 12:24
ForumModerator

West Sussex

This has been brought up many times before, but for those who are unaware.
when Matt created the Purestorm database Post Office postcode data was unavailable
at reasonable cost to web designers so he did not build in this as a requirement of registration.
Only the Country and County fields in the Address section have been Required rather than Optional
so very few members have provided this information over the last 7 years that the site has been active.
Member searches by County are therefore possible but by postcode are currently impossible.
Casting Call Searches by County were originally tried but proved to be unworkable
so a region-based system was quickly introduced to crack the problem.

Matt is currently working on a new Search Criteria system so until then the above applies for England.
Wales, Scotland & Northern Ireland should be self-explanatory.

Note that Casting Call Notifications can be tailored for multiple regions to suit members' specific requirements
~~~~~~~~

27 November 2011 10:15
wq0pco
Photographer
wq0pco
Tyne and Wear
Sunderland

So a photographer in say Berwick puts out a CC for ahem, "NE models" and gets replies from said NE models based in South Yorkshire????

UTTER, UTTER MADNESS

Anthonygh is off-line
27 November 2011 10:44
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

At the moment I can see a model portfolio with 'London' as the location. Depending on her address, she can be 30 minutes away from me......or two hours away.

A member in Essex can be a mile from a member in Kent...or nearly 200, depending on their individual locations.

There is no alternative to a postcode system.

photo_phil is off-line
27 November 2011 13:37
photo_phil
Photographer
photo_phil
Lincolnshire
Coningsby

Quote from anthonyh

I like the sound of that!

Jaw Imaging is off-lineSilver Member
27 November 2011 19:44
Two_stops
Photographer
Two_stops
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Quote from ForumModerator
This has been brought up many times before, but for those who are unaware.
when Matt created the Purestorm database Post Office postcode data was unavailable
at reasonable cost to web designers so he did not build in this as a requirement of registration.
Only the Country and County fields in the Address section have been Required rather than Optional
so very few members have provided this information over the last 7 years that the site has been active.
Member searches by County are therefore possible but by postcode are currently impossible.
Casting Call Searches by County were originally tried but proved to be unworkable
so a region-based system was quickly introduced to crack the problem.

Matt is currently working on a new Search Criteria system so until then the above applies for England.
Wales, Scotland & Northern Ireland should be self-explanatory.

Note that Casting Call Notifications can be tailored for multiple regions to suit members' specific requirements

Come on, how can it work right when Matt thinks greater London is in the North Sea.

John
Before digital, photography consisted of only negative comments.

13 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
viennaplumplovebbw
2020 carshaltonkev eosfan FlashHarry100 gilesshaxted GlasgowPhotographer Imageimpact MIB nigsy9 paddywhack panda49 vapourtrail