Search profiles by region

desyek is off-line
10 September 2010 06:08
desyek
Photographer
desyek
Mid Glamorgan

Hi all,

I'm finding the search facility to be a bit of a nightmare when trying to find a model to work with.

The reason being:

Mid Glamorgan = Bridgend, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Merthyr & Caerphilly

South Glamorgan = Cardiff, Vale of Glamorgan

West Glamorgan = Swansea, Neath Port Talbot

Now, a member can have Bridgend in their profile but not be found searching for 'Mid Glamorgan', Cardiff and not be found in South Glamorgan.

As all of the above counties are technically South Wales (not forgetting Carmarthenshire, Monmouthshire - and their constituent counties!!), it may be worth creating a 'region' search that differentiates between North and South Wales - but uses the above county names on the profile.

All the counties of South Wales are very easily accessible by the M4 and A roads from it - as well as having good public transport links.

This would make it easier for Welsh photographers and models - or those travelling to the area -bto work with each other.

I'm also sure that the same applies for the counties in England - with Bristol being a county in it's own right, but still being classed as in the county of Avon. Parts of Bristol are also classed as being in 'South Gloucestershire' and Bath is in Avon as well as being part of it's own county of Bath & North East Somerset. These counties are all within 20 miles of each other!
Mr. Jelly! Mr. Jelly! Error at Address Number 6, Treacle Mine Road. Melon melon melon +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++ +++Whoops! Here comes the cheese! +++

desyek is off-line
18 November 2011 10:36
desyek
Photographer
desyek
Mid Glamorgan

As it's been over 12 months and no acknowledgement:

BUMP!
Mr. Jelly! Mr. Jelly! Error at Address Number 6, Treacle Mine Road. Melon melon melon +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++ +++Whoops! Here comes the cheese! +++

Anthonygh is off-line
18 November 2011 10:48
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

This issue has been raised before. It is hard to see why we can't have a method whereby a member types in a location and can search from there, at any radius out. MM and eBay manage it.

desyek is off-line
18 November 2011 10:54
desyek
Photographer
desyek
Mid Glamorgan

Quote from anthonyh
This issue has been raised before. It is hard to see why we can't have a method whereby a member types in a location and can search from there, at any radius out. MM and eBay manage it.

Indeed. And the casting call system is designed around a 'regions' system as well.

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
18 November 2011 11:06
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Agree, 'region' needs to be much more precise as its so useful. The present system is, to be blunt just far too vague, in Newcastle we consider ourselves 'north east' its a hell of a walk to Sheffield which is also considered 'north east'!
"Regions" such as Tyne and Wear, Durham, a la MM would make a lot more sense as would radius search ability.

ForumModerator is a moderatorPlatinum Member
18 November 2011 11:22
ForumModerator

West Sussex

Matt has plans afoot to increase the various search criteria but this will probably require all members
to provide the first portion of their postcode - something which currently many fail to do or do incorrectly.

~~~~~~~~

desyek is off-line
18 November 2011 12:35
desyek
Photographer
desyek
Mid Glamorgan

Maybe so, but what's the problem in creating a "South, Mid and North Wales" section?

Chris Corbin is off-line
18 November 2011 12:41
corbystock
Photographer
corbystock
Hampshire
New Milton

It was a lot easier when it was counties. I live between Southampton & Bournemouth but get casting calls from Kent & Plymouth ( frikkin miles away !) If it aint broke 'n' all that!
There is a chance that everything I just said is complete bollocks

G Jack B is off-line
18 November 2011 13:14
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Devon
Plymouth

A postcode based search would be fantastic...
Real Bread Cook by day, BTL landlord & IT Guru - who said men can't multitask!

Paul Hodson is off-line
18 November 2011 15:11
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from ForumModerator
Matt has plans afoot to increase the various search criteria but this will probably require all members
to provide the first portion of their postcode - something which currently many fail to do or do incorrectly.

To which, one is tempted to say "tough!"
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa ElleLaura karenr KerryWright24 Melanie277 Paris
63jian antoinewynn Creativedge digitalmood edwards ellessephotography eosfan guitarman Kinggonk Mattcairns mike0048 NigelAdams orca_photography photo_j Photojames43 rod_m99 Rscott360 Rule_of_Thumb supaglam swalsh58 tonyk1 whitepython xsa73