Reminder Secure

The Coil - Men, look away now!

This thread is being watched by 1 person
15 October 2010 03:24
Jody_Maginnis
Model

I had the coil once, and never ever would i have one put in again. my periods were very heavy that i had to wear a tampon and a pad, i also had pain with it. I kept getting BV also.
Im currently not on any contraception other than condoms as came off the pill just before i had surgery. 

I how ever will on ever consider the pill and condoms. Like Emma i have headaches while on the pill, but would rather have headaches than fall pregnant. that would be an even bigger headache.
Im reluctant to try any other method like injection or implant etc. Far too many side effects. 

And the pull out method should not be relied upon, Try telling your doctor that and they will sure give you a lecture on it.  Yes im sure most of us have done it at some point but its playing with fire. If you dont want the pitter patter of little feet, then both man and women should have the common sense to prevent it happening, after all it takes two to make a baby. I think men should take more responsibility instead of expecting the women to sort it.

Jessica Andrews is off-line
15 October 2010 12:03
jess_andrews
Model
jess_andrews
Derbyshire
Derby

Quote from Jody_Maginnis
And the pull out method should not be relied upon, Try telling your doctor that and they will sure give you a lecture on it.  Yes im sure most of us have done it at some point but its playing with fire.

I thought it was obvious I was joking emoticon
˙ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ǝq oʇ ǝɹɐp

15 October 2010 12:09
Vasilisa
Model

I had the coil fitted last week - had it in for a whole 10 mins and the doctor insisted on taking it out again. The fitting etc was ok (bloody uncomfortable...but ok) but afterwards I started cramping and feeling ridiculously dizzy and sick and literally couldn't stand up. The doc said that some people's bodies just don't react well to them (foreign object and everything) and apparently I'm one of them. Back on the pill for me
www.redvas.com

15 October 2010 13:30
SarahTakahashi
Photographer

Quote from Darkstudent
*yawn*

one coil being removed..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWfBkKP8x4E

one going in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuPFbgSm0QQ&NR=1

... emoticon

EMMA KATE DAWSON (EKD)  is off-linePlatinum Member
18 October 2010 15:45
emmakatedawson
Model
emmakatedawson
Tyne and Wear
NEWCASTLE AND MIDLANDS

think men should take more responsibility instead of expecting the women to sort it. AMEN SISTER XXX
In Birmingham, London and Newcastle at different times. Car shows, bikes and events, please contact me for further info x

BramleyApple is off-line
21 October 2010 12:30
Stacey_Notts
Model
Stacey_Notts
Nottinghamshire
South Nottingham

I had the Mirenna hormonal coil fitted and was quite happy with it for 4 years (No periods - Hoorah!) Untill I got rushed in A & E one evening with severe pains on my right hand side, got told I was actually pregnant and it was ectopic. Was under half hourly observations all night to check for signs of internal bleeding, and at one point BP was nearly on the floor. Had emergency laparoscopy early the next morning - Not nice!

Also the extra risks of this happens is damage to any internal organs, bowels etc while they perform the operation! Got told by the surgeon afterwards that I was the first case he ever heard of with this type of coil (My GP confirmed this also saying I was the first in this country)..Never again!!

Now got the implant, had it since Nov last year and now I get regular spotting to the point where I went anemic and ended up on Iron tablets! So thats coming out soon as I will be getting sterilized (Yay!) lol
'Don't let the B*****ds grind you down!' (Saturday night, Sunday morning 1960)

Jaw Imaging is off-lineSilver Member
23 October 2010 19:10
Two_stops
Photographer
Two_stops
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

For all those aspiring models who wish to pursue their career, and don't want to end up battling stretch marks,  use the Canadian Lumberjack method.
5ft long axe strapped to your thigh, instructions say, whisper in his ear,
If you get me pregnant, i'm gonna come looking for you and cut it off with this axe. emoticon 

It must work, I don't think they have young, unmarried mothers in Canada, at least not where the lumberjacks live.

John
Before digital, photography consisted of only negative comments.

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Dadshouse12 Kathmoore1 paige_hendrix pinklilly
Add_barkaway Andy_B ansonphotography B_W canonman5D cliffc Daveinsurrey djb1 ElegantCaptures ellessephotography exfree freddie gkeesuk GlasgowPhotographer JohnDentonPhoto Kjoservices Musicman Nash Njsphotography pierre psn stevegosh timshawphotography TonyNutley wtphotos
Charlottealom