This thread is being watched by 1 person
Jessica Andrews is off-line
01 September 2010 08:45
jess_andrews
Model
jess_andrews
Derbyshire
Derby

I've tried Googling how the coil works but I'm not getting the information I need!

Basically I'm finding oodles of info about how they fit it and the side effects etc, but I want to know HOW it works. What does it do stop you getting pregnant?

I've seen different types, but which is the one where you can fit it then take it out and get pregnant without waiting for hormones to wear off?

Thanks in advance,

xx

˙ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ǝq oʇ ǝɹɐp

Tony S is off-line
01 September 2010 08:48
TonyS
Photographer
TonyS
West Sussex
Shoreham By Sea

They sit in your womb and prevent you from getting pregnant. They do this in three main ways:

• they prevent your partner’s sperm from getting through your womb and into your tubes
  • they alter the secretions (mucus) in your cervix, creating a further barrier for sperm
  • they affect your womb lining – making it less likely to ‘accept’ an egg.

01 September 2010 08:49
jess_andrews
Model
jess_andrews
Derbyshire
Derby

Quote from TonyS

They sit in your womb and prevent you from getting pregnant. They do this in three main ways:

• they prevent your partner’s sperm from getting through your womb and into your tubes
  • they alter the secretions (mucus) in your cervix, creating a further barrier for sperm

But is it possible for an egg to be fertilised only to be 'flushed' out? That's what I'm concerned about.
˙ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ǝq oʇ ǝɹɐp

Peter Hague is off-line
01 September 2010 08:51
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Quote from jess_andrews

Basically I'm finding oodles of info about how they fit it and the side effects etc, but I want to know HOW it works. What does it do stop you getting pregnant?

The presence of an object in your womb tricks your body into thinking you're already pregnant. 
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

Pete Whelan is off-line
01 September 2010 08:51
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
Merseyside
Wirral

www.vipimages.co.uk www.vipstudios.co.uk

Tony S is off-line
01 September 2010 08:52
TonyS
Photographer
TonyS
West Sussex
Shoreham By Sea

I¬m no expert, but I guess that is possible yeah.

Bear in mind, its not a baby at that point, just a lump of cells rapidly dividing.

01 September 2010 08:59
Nick_Giles
Photographer
This member has been suspended

Quote from TonyS

Or put another way :-

Nick
" The Almighty in his infinite wisdom did not see fit to create frenchmen in the image of Englishmen." :- Sir Winston Churchill.

01 September 2010 09:00
jess_andrews
Model
jess_andrews
Derbyshire
Derby

Quote from TonyS
I¬m no expert, but I guess that is possible yeah. Bear in mind, its not a baby at that point, just a lump of cells rapidly dividing.

That's a good point- thanks guys!
˙ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ǝq oʇ ǝɹɐp

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
01 September 2010 09:03
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I think this one's better Nick emoticon
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Rob Southall is off-line
01 September 2010 09:03
RobS_1
Photographer
RobS_1
West Midlands
Coleshill

Quote from Nick_Giles
Or put another way :-

Nick

Succinct as ever lol (I did...honest)
Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks.

14 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin danixhale emmaloux md2017
alsos chandos ElegantCaptures Ianmcculloch jccj1 oro shadowtime74 spiritofwales stevegosh Steveh32