Reminder Secure

Is bread fattening?

23 August 2010 12:35
FelicityFatale
Photographer

Quote from Jody_Maginnis
 Or even try Gluten free bread.( Its horrible though). You may have gluten intolerance,

Actually Gluten Intolerance usually makes you thinner as it is harder to come by foods that are both delicious and full of calories when you take gluten out of the equation.  I wish it did make you fatter - my poor grandmother is now an eye watering 5 1/2 stone due to her gluten intolerance.  
The first paradox of artistic photography: a near anonymous international style in the hands of prickly self-conscious individuals.

w4pictures is off-line
23 August 2010 12:39
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

Eat breadsticks. They're mostly air. Quite dry and difficult to swallow so wash them down with plenty of lager. That'll sort you out.

23 August 2010 12:54
Jody_Maginnis
Model

Quote from FelicityFatale
Actually Gluten Intolerance usually makes you thinner as it is harder to come by foods that are both delicious and full of calories when you take gluten out of the equation.  I wish it did make you fatter - my poor grandmother is now an eye watering 5 1/2 stone due to her gluten intolerance.  

Yes thats what i mean if you have an intolerance to Gluten you will feel bloated not fat, as your body has trouble digesting these foods that you have intolerance too, so you wouldnt be getting nutrients like you said. Some people confuse being bloated with putting weight on which is not the case. . In Howards case he may just be feeling bloated rather than getting fat, My friend has coeliac disease which she has to eat Gluten free products, and before this she was feeling sluggish and bloated and generally felt down in the dumps.

Fizzy is off-line
23 August 2010 13:26
fizzy
Model
fizzy
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle upon Tyne

At 6'3 and 13 stone I doubt you need to worry.
Art nude model - £35ph

HowardJ is off-line
23 August 2010 13:56
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from fizzy
At 6'3 and 13 stone I doubt you need to worry.

Excellent!!

HowardJ is off-line
23 August 2010 13:58
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from w4pictures
Eat breadsticks. They're mostly air. Quite dry and difficult to swallow so wash them down with plenty of lager. That'll sort you out.

Have you tried dipping your breadsticks in your lager?

They're great as they suck up the drink and release it when you bite into them.

ally is off-line
23 August 2010 17:12
dressur
Model
dressur
Berkshire
Slough

Quote from HowardJ
Have you tried dipping your breadsticks in your lager?

They're great as they suck up the drink and release it when you bite into them.

I think you may have just hit on the reason for your weight gain!

Jesfish is off-line
23 August 2010 17:27
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

I eat bread for coeliacs.  It's horrible raw but lovely toasted and it doesn't make me feel bloated.

jivago Photographic is off-line
23 August 2010 17:43
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from Cody
Excess calories- not foods in particular (as Felicity says) puts on weight
6 slices of bread with flora is roughly half your calorie intake for a day if you're relatively inactive

Aye!
http://www.jivagophoto.com/

36 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Jessica_Knight JessicaAnnahModel Kitty_1 princesscara toxicinnocence
antoinewynn Argentiq djb1 eosfan Essexjohn GGDP_Photography gordon guitarman Jb3329 jccj1 kinofist kizer Kjoservices Ladiesman mike0048 mlp orca_photography paddyg panda49 peteb Photojames43 powerbook92 redbaron siclews skymouse stevegosh steveh32 Stevew1 Stewart1988 swalsh58