Is bread fattening?

HowardJ is off-line
23 August 2010 07:37
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

I'm a big lover of bread and I eat a lot of it and I was wondering if it's bad for you and if it makes you fat?

I ask because I lived in the US for a few years and I could never find a bread I liked, so I cut it out of my diet and I lost weight.  Since I've returned from the US I've been eating bread again, which I love, but I'm starting to put on a bit of weight.

23 August 2010 07:39
Nick_Giles
Photographer
This member has been suspended

According to my chum Laura Warburton. ( a bakers daughter. ) Yes it is.

Nick

" The Almighty in his infinite wisdom did not see fit to create frenchmen in the image of Englishmen." :- Sir Winston Churchill.

23 August 2010 07:42
kelly2009
Model

i have been told it is
nothing to say

HowardJ is off-line
23 August 2010 07:50
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Ok, then I'll go easy on the bread and I'll get back to my thinner self again.

Thanks

23 August 2010 07:55
FelicityFatale
Photographer

No. You are not made fat by individual foods. You are made fat by consuming too many calories and not doing enough exercise. You need to look and everything you're eating. Bread is unlikely to be the culprit unless you're seriously over indulging.

Bread and other starchy foods are very good for you and indeed should be included as part of a healthy and balanced diet.
The first paradox of artistic photography: a near anonymous international style in the hands of prickly self-conscious individuals.

HowardJ is off-line
23 August 2010 08:05
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Well I probably eat about 4 to 6 slices of white bread a day. Is that overdoing it with bread?

I ended up losing about a stone over 2 years when I lived in the US.

Generally I don't over indulge unless it's biscuits, but I only eat those on shoots now (only if I'm really forced to by the model - hint Homewheat Digestives are my favs or Maryland cookies). I now buy apples and oranges to eat while watching the TV and only have one a day.

Cody is off-lineSilver Member
23 August 2010 08:05
Cody
Model
Cody
Oxfordshire
bicester

Maybe it's the butter/mayo you're putting on the bread that isn't helping?
That's quite a lot of bread per day and white bread doesn't have much nutritional value...go for brown and you will feel fuller

HowardJ is off-line
23 August 2010 08:07
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

I have Flora (but not the light version) on my bread.

Cody is off-lineSilver Member
23 August 2010 08:16
Cody
Model
Cody
Oxfordshire
bicester

Excess calories- not foods in particular (as Felicity says) puts on weight
6 slices of bread with flora is roughly half your calorie intake for a day if you're relatively inactive

HowardJ is off-line
23 August 2010 08:18
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from Cody
6 slices of bread with flora is roughly half your calorie intake for a day if you're relatively inactive

Ok, I'll cut down to 2 slices a day and see how it goes

I do zero exercise.  Not good, but I'm lazy.

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
coturnix rembrandt rscott360