any advice on tonning up and eating healthy

Jesfish is off-line
31 July 2010 17:01
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Also...try eating more in the morning as your metabolism slows down later in the day, that's why dinner shouldn't be too heavy.

I bulk up a meal with salad.  They don't have to be boring...you can put loads of different things with it.  Brown rice is good too!

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
31 July 2010 19:09
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

Don't drink alcohol or fizzy juice.

Accept that you will be hungry for a few weeks until your body adapts to the new regime.

It is a horrible thought but you will adapt. You are hungry because your body is used to receiving food of a certain type at a certain time. When you change it is simply confused.

It is the same when you give up smoking or caffiene or other stimulant.

Drink lots of still water to trick your stomach into thinking you are eating.

Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

charley-marie is off-line
01 August 2010 06:28
charlotte90
Model
charlotte90
London
south london

how about juice. can i drink juice or is that sugary aswell?

01 August 2010 07:16
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

Stay away from fizzy juice. I lost a stone and \a half in about a months when I stopped drinking these.

If diluting juice use no added sugar and read the labels.

For example 100ml of concentrated Robinson's apple and blackcurrant contains 9Kcal and 1.2g of sugar.

Therefor a pint of dailuted juice will contain about 2.5g of sugar. (dilution 20%)

Check the contents of fresh juice as well.

There is no easy way. You have to change consumption habits which is not easy.
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

01 August 2010 07:55
BaileyK
Model

Quote from pinkbuildingphotography
Don't drink alcohol or fizzy juice. Accept that you will be hungry for a few weeks until your body adapts to the new regime. It is a horrible thought but you will adapt. You are hungry because your body is used to receiving food of a certain type at a certain time. When you change it is simply confused. It is the same when you give up smoking or caffiene or other stimulant. Drink lots of still water to trick your stomach into thinking you are eating.

Yes cutting out alcohol and fizzy drink is a great thing anyway.
I drink neither and I prefer it that way.

I drink lots of water but not because I want to trick my body into thinking im eating.
I think thats just plain silly.
At 9st you are hardly King kong are you!

DON'T eat crappy foods
AND EXERCISE!
;-)

01 August 2010 08:36
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

I found that drinking half a pint of water about 20 minutes before a meal stopped me pigging out during the meal.

The water started the receptors in the stomach working earlier therefor I stopped feeling hungry during the meal as there is a feed back that takes time before your body stops feeling hungry.

charley-marie is off-line
01 August 2010 10:45
charlotte90
Model
charlotte90
London
south london

thanks for the advice. everyone. ive been drinking lots of water and has slightly worked. dont feel as hungry

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Antz mlknetwork