any advice on tonning up and eating healthy

charley-marie is off-line
31 July 2010 11:25
charlotte90
Model
charlotte90
London
south london

i  been trying to eat more healthy and tone up. e.g eating more fruit and veg. cut out the junk food. and excersise everyday. but  because im not eating no junk food im getting really hungry in the day and start too feel a bit sick. does anyone have any tips i could do to not feel soo hungry ?

fitnude is off-line
31 July 2010 11:31
actiongirl
Model

London

drink lots of water!!  Stops hunger,  and completely cut out refined sugar.......don't need it to live!  Without it your enery levels will soar anyway. Happy exercising!

31 July 2010 11:33
charlotte90
Model
charlotte90
London
south london

thanks im going to try that.

PG_Photographic is off-line
31 July 2010 11:42
PG_Photographic
Photographer

Edinburgh
Edinburgh

Have you tried any of the dried fruits as a little pick me up such as dried apricots etc. or the good old classic banana?

31 July 2010 11:44
Serena
Model

I find being very busy detracts from thinking about food! The gym is what has worked for me for toning up. I find with exercise I can eat TONS of stuff (avoiding Mars Bars etc) without gaining an ounce. If at home eat lots of chunky vegetable soups.
Fun, friendly and experienced mature model with lively personality and youthful figure!

31 July 2010 11:45
FelicityFatale
Photographer

Stay away from the dried fruits, they're actually really full of calories and sugar compared to the amount they fill you up.

Protein based foods will actually make you feel "full" for longer. Make sure that every main meal you eat contains protein of some sort - chicken, fish, tofu, whatever. That should keep you full until the next meal. If you're desperate to snack, try snacking on vegetables or something rather than fruit. Other things like yoghurt can be good gap-fillers too. Cottage cheese is another that I tend to grab to fill me up on the go.

Protein is the key to making you feel fuller to longer.  It will take you a few weeks, maybe even months to completely get used to the new routine and get used to eating less junk.  Stick with it though.

As for the rest, it's very simple really. Eat less and move more.
The first paradox of artistic photography: a near anonymous international style in the hands of prickly self-conscious individuals.

31 July 2010 11:59
charlotte90
Model
charlotte90
London
south london

PG_Photographic- ive tried eating apples and bannas but im just really hungry. ive cut out eating chocolate and a lot of crisp and tried sticking to 3meal a day but i just get really hungryy

31 July 2010 12:00
charlotte90
Model
charlotte90
London
south london

thanks serana im gonna try buying vegetable soup.. could you advise any good gyms in london

31 July 2010 12:02
charlotte90
Model
charlotte90
London
south london

FelicityFatale- thanks for the advice. will try and see how eating more protein goes

Meg is off-line
31 July 2010 12:04
Sirensong
Model
Sirensong
South Glamorgan
Cardiff

Quote from charlotte90
thanks serana im gonna try buying vegetable soup.. could you advise any good gyms in london

Dont buy it, make it yourself is far better if you can and youll get more for your money.
There are loads of cheap and easy recipes online.
I find LOTS of steamed veg as part of my main meal helps fill me up if I am feeling hungry

Enhanced in post production, but not working to a level of filmed with inserts :D

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
dhuntuk Keithhendy RoninUK Willjamieson