Reminder Secure

I JUST LOVE THE CAKE!!!!!!!

31 July 2010 11:44
kelly2009
Model

OK a while ago i started a thread on how to tone up/lose weight, some great advice given (and taken).
I have even invested in a fitness apparatur (probably spelt that wrong sorry) emoticon.
Here is my problem i have seen no change and it is really starting to get to me .......maybe i just love food to much and am destined to be a hog for the rest of my life emoticon.
Basically i was wondering if anyone had any thoughts to why i can not shift the pounds. (my main issue is my tummy i feel once that is toned and flat i will once again be happy)

Thank you for reading .

Kelly.
nothing to say

charley-marie is off-line
31 July 2010 11:54
charlotte90
Model
charlotte90
London
south london

have you tried doing sit-ups every morning?

31 July 2010 12:15
graphicgirlpro
Photographer

swimming is great way to tone up

PG_Photographic is off-line
31 July 2010 12:19
PG_Photographic
Photographer

Edinburgh
Edinburgh

If it's just your stomach have you tried the lying on your back on the floor with your straightened legs up at a 45 degree angle? Do this each day for a fortnight each time increasing the time to as long as you can manage and I'm sure you'll feel the difference.

31 July 2010 12:25
kelly2009
Model

Quote from PG_Photographic
If it's just your stomach have you tried the lying on your back on the floor with your straightened legs up at a 45 degree angle? Do this each day for a fortnight each time increasing the time to as long as you can manage and I'm sure you'll feel the difference.

Excellent thank you i  will try emoticonhow long do you personally feel i should do it for?(mins per day)
nothing to say

31 July 2010 12:29
kelly2009
Model

Quote from charlotte90
have you tried doing sit-ups every morning?

I have been in the evenings ............i have no energy in the mornings lol.
Is it a better idea to do sit ups in the morning?
nothing to say

charley-marie is off-line
31 July 2010 12:32
charlotte90
Model
charlotte90
London
south london

i try to do about 50 in the morning then 50 in the evening. it doesnt really matter. im in the same boat as you trying to tone up but i just get hungry lol

PG_Photographic is off-line
31 July 2010 12:33
PG_Photographic
Photographer

Edinburgh
Edinburgh

Quote from kelly2009
Excellent thank you i  will try emoticonhow long do you personally feel i should do it for?(mins per day)

Personally it kills me after about 10 seconds, but did I say I never practice what I preach. I'm guessing start with about 20 seconds and add 5 or 10 seconds a day if you can but it all depends on how fit you are to start with.

31 July 2010 12:49
FelicityFatale
Photographer

If you eat less and you move more, you WILL lose weight unless you have a serious medical problem. If you're not losing weight, you're still eating too much. Cut down the calories and you'll lose it.

Sit ups burn very few calories. You don't have to exert yourself particularly in order to do them. Bad advice - plus they can give you a bad back if you to too many. They don't even have much effect on your abdominals to be honest.

Do a decent amount of exercise, a few times a week. By exercise, I mean you should spend at least 30-45 mins sweating profusely. Go to the gym and lift weights too. Heavy weights.

On many women the tummy is the last place to tone.  It's not easy.

Eat less, move more. Eat less, move more.
The first paradox of artistic photography: a near anonymous international style in the hands of prickly self-conscious individuals.

31 July 2010 13:09
Jody_Maginnis
Model

We all love cake just dont eat the whole lot. As for toning your tummy, you cant rely on situps alone to get a toned defined tummy, especially if there is a layer of fat over it, you will have to do some cardio, ie like running etc to get your heart rate up and your actually burning calories, but try combining both.
Also it maybe because your not doing them correctly which can lead to the opposite, bad back and weak stomach muscles that ends up in a little pot belly. Why not ask a fitness expert to draw up a little training program for you  doing some cardio and Core stability exercises plus the right foods etc.emoticon

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
HazelAries Krystald rob452 winX
bernadinism bob casell clarmike cliffc eosfan ianscales Impression James7799 Johnathons johnnytog Kjoservices Lenz Lumen nemesis Nessie nunude ohkan pellium rod_m99 Steveharratt Thunder_Photos