This thread is being watched by 1 person
Miss T is off-line
28 July 2010 10:46
Tani
Model
Tani
Somerset
Dulverton

well the thing is (as it states on my profile) i am loosing weight, and my god it is slow, even though it is a dress size or two. i know the general rules are eat  health and go to the gym and exercise. this is where i hit a problem. i eat as healthy as i can, special k in the mornings, light lunch followed by a home cooked dinner, and drink lots of water (i love water lol). but as far as going to the gym is concerned i dont get time for that.

this is where i need some advice. basically im a farmers daughter and running around after livestcok with a part time job as well, and serious with my horse riding and showing. along with salsa dancing and trying to sick my head into modeling, i fail to fit gym exercise in. 

has anyone got any advice on simple and not time consuming toning exercises and general fat burning exercises that are effective and fit into my busy lifestyle? (if i wasnt busy i would be bored!!) it is general for thighs, bum and abs areas.

Thanks if you can help me
T x
If you don't laugh you cry. which do you prefer?

Reuban Mayne is off-line
28 July 2010 11:32
Reuban
Photographer

North Yorkshire
York

In general, the less intensive the exercise the higher the proportion of fat your body burns during exercise. Horse riding, salsa dancing and running after livestock all counts as exercise. The gym is really for city folk with very sedentary life styles so don't feel that you have to go to the gym.

In terms of diet. Eat plenty in the morning i.e. bin the special K. Getting your blood sugar up in the morning helps your body to burn fat. Try and eat less in the evening and definitely nothing from 3 hours before you go to bed.

Try and avoid fats, including milk.

If it works get back to me as there could be money to be made in this slimming thing.

Good luck.

Miss T is off-line
28 July 2010 13:39
Tani
Model
Tani
Somerset
Dulverton

Consider the special k ditched hehe. i will try to eat less at night and more in the morning, and avoid fatty foods.

thanks for the advice and i will take it all on board.

Steve Guy is off-line
28 July 2010 13:52
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

Next time you are out shopping, compare the calories, fat etc. content between Special K and ordinary Kellogs Cornflakes, and ask yourself why you ever believed the hype.

28 July 2010 14:40
Dannsair
Model

A good diet to me consists of eating in proportion. If you like your special k in the morning covered in milk then why stop eating it? There is nothing wrong with that. Yes your body needs healthy foods but it also needs foods with fat in it eg milk and aslong as you are eating everything in proprtion then all is good. Just remember too much of one thing is never good for you.

Back to your original question, as you have such a busy lifestyle i would suggest doing a 20-30 minute workout at night before you go to bed but make sure it is at least 2 hours after your dinner.
All the workout needs to consist of is floor work, no gym equipment needed! Plenty of crunches (crunches do you more good than sit ups), lunges, hip isolations, press ups, doggy squat as i call it (on all fours and lift 1 leg at a time to the side, try think of a dog peeing up against a tree), works wonders for your bum, and some basic salsa moves at the beginning to get your heart pumping and muscles warmed up to avoid any injuries. All of that should help tone your thighs, bum and abs.

Another wee tip, if you are driving or sitting watchng tv etc, do some bum clenches and contract your stomach whislt sitting with a staight back.

Hope some of that has helped.
Beauty is within the eye of the beholder!

28 July 2010 14:44
Vasilisa
Model

1) Eat more! You'll never build lean fat with that diet, and you're slowing your metabolism with this 3 meals nonsense! Eat 5-8 times a day - small meals of quality food. Snack on fruit (bananas are awesome), nuts (not too many since they're v high calorie), smoothies and yogarts.

2) Tabata training will only take 4 minutes a day and is the most effective way of building strength and shredding fat - it's a boxing method. Basically, choose an exercise - squat jumps, squat jogs, lunges, whatever - and do it flat out for 20 seconds and then rest for 10. Repeat that 8 times (so you're doing it for 4 minutes). You can get tabata timers on the internet: http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/7jSE66/www.beach-fitness.com/tabata

If you have extra time, just do it again with another exercise.
www.redvas.com

28 July 2010 15:23
Eva_Giles
Model

Riding non stirrups. Not only will it improve your position it works those abs!
Eva
Working upto lingerie at £15p/h.

Miss T is off-line
28 July 2010 15:25
Tani
Model
Tani
Somerset
Dulverton

Thanks guys. i didnt realise that there was so much i could do.

Sdeve - i did do the special k diet, before, but being limited, made me crave other thing, im useless at diets.

dannsiar - thank you for your ideas, i love your explainations XD

Vasilia - you know what i got this thing in my head that the more small meals you eat throughout the day, the more you are eating. i will give it a go though. the 3 meal thing is just though habit of a farmers day if you get me. i will have to remember to take fruit and things with me when i go out and about.

Miss T is off-line
28 July 2010 15:27
Tani
Model
Tani
Somerset
Dulverton

thanks eva i will do that when my mare is not lame anymore. horses who'd have them!

charley-marie is off-line
28 July 2010 18:09
charlotte90
Model
charlotte90
London
south london

you dont even look a size 18. you look much smaller

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Jessica_Knight JessicaAnnahModel kaysy Kitty_1 princesscara
Argentiq david1500 eosfan Essexjohn gordon kinofist kizer michael_cameraman mlp moritz78 nemesis paddyg panda49 peteb Platidonio redbaron siclews steveh32 Stevew1 Stewart1988 swalsh58 tms