Jesfish is off-line
20 July 2010 12:22
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Hi,

I've had extensions several times using the method with bonds.  I've never had the sewn-in type but have the opportunity to.  I've heard a few negative things about this type but also some positive things.  Would really like your opinions please before I go ahead with it!

Thanks,

Jes

Jaymii is off-line
20 July 2010 13:04
Jaymii
Model
Jaymii
Lancashire
Manchester

My friend has a weave, and the only problem she says about them is that she cant wash her hair properly, and therefor is left with any layer underneath her top one quite greasy and notty.
Always worth a try though, if the price is good, as a friend can just reove the without daaging your own hair x x

Jenelle_James is off-line
20 July 2010 13:13
Jenelle_James
Model
Jenelle_James
Lancashire
BURNLEY

all i can say is OUCH!! very very sore havin them weaved in, i WAS head strong before i had a weave put in, its horrendous tryin to get them out aswell, i also got scabs on my scalp from where my own hair had been pulled in so tight, i'll never go back to doing it this way again, i now use clip n extensions which i find much easier all round

Jesfish is off-line
20 July 2010 13:58
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Thanks for your input...I'm still undecided though!  Need more opinions!

20 July 2010 14:39
Dannsair
Model

Why don't you try growing your hair instead of using hair extensions? If you need longer hair in a hurry for a shoot, why not try a wig? Nothing tacky, i mean a proper wig that a hair stylist would use. That way you can use it for your shoot then hand it back when finished and you won't need to worry about washing your hair properly with extensions in etc.
Apart from that i'm afraid i can't help as i have never used hair extensions before.

P.S I like your hair short, you really suit it!
Beauty is within the eye of the beholder!

20 July 2010 15:06
Kortexx
Photographer

I use the same extensions that get weaved in, but use a rubber glue. They stay in for about two weeks, are easily removed with a bit of extra hair conditioner and a comb, and dont hurt you or damage your hair! xx
I(m cle'a]ni.ng m\y ke]yb29oa;r#d

20 July 2010 15:08
rach85
Model

hi jes,

iv had a weave hair weaved in a few times and loved it,. iv had the pre bonded glue ins, the strip glue ins and the weave and its the best by a mile in my opinion, no messy glue to have to try and get out ... you dont have to worry bout catching them with ur straightners, easy to wash .. peice of p**s emoticon..

i think it all just depends on who puts them in, iv heard a few people say that they hurt their head etc but i think that just depends on the hairdresser and how tightly she sews them in , if they are put in properly no probs at all .. its better for your hair aswell .. i say go for it chick xx

Jesfish is off-line
20 July 2010 15:17
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Quote from Dannsair
Why don't you try growing your hair instead of using hair extensions? If you need longer hair in a hurry for a shoot, why not try a wig? Nothing tacky, i mean a proper wig that a hair stylist would use. That way you can use it for your shoot then hand it back when finished and you won't need to worry about washing your hair properly with extensions in etc. Apart from that i'm afraid i can't help as i have never used hair extensions before. P.S I like your hair short, you really suit it!

Thanks, but that really doesn't answer my question, lol!  I am growing my hair but it's not miracle-grow and I don't want to use a wig.

Jesfish is off-line
20 July 2010 15:18
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Quote from rach85
hi jes,

iv had a weave hair weaved in a few times and loved it,. iv had the pre bonded glue ins, the strip glue ins and the weave and its the best by a mile in my opinion, no messy glue to have to try and get out ... you dont have to worry bout catching them with ur straightners, easy to wash .. peice of p**s emoticon..

i think it all just depends on who puts them in, iv heard a few people say that they hurt their head etc but i think that just depends on the hairdresser and how tightly she sews them in , if they are put in properly no probs at all .. its better for your hair aswell .. i say go for it chick xx

Thanks Rach, I've got quite a tough scalp so I might be ok 

Bex Taylor is off-line
21 July 2010 07:36
bextaylor
Model
This member has been reset to pending

West Yorkshire
Halifax

I wouldn't reccomend it! I have bonded extensions n have had a weave twice.The last time i had it she did it too tight and i was on strong painkillers and ended up having them taken out the day after!
I ended up with a swollen scalp for a week and migraines.
Other negatives were that my head felt like it had a nest living under it,uncomfortable to sleep at night (i didnt get any sleep for days the first time i had it)
And washing your hair is a 3 hour job!

My friend on the other hand loves hers.It feels big when u feel your head but people cant see it.My boyfriend complained when he touched my head though lol.

It depends on how good the person doing it is and your pain threshold.

The good thing is if you look after it properly it will last a while,aslong as the quality of the extensions are good.

Message me if you wana ask owt else bout it.

Good luck xx

6 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Craigchesham
AndyGStudios chandos Essexjohn Lumen snappytim