Reminder Secure

Foundation :s

Beth Cartwright is off-line
16 July 2010 10:05
Miss_Beth
Model
Miss_Beth
South Yorkshire

I used to suffer from really bad acne. The doctor put me on some antibiotics and they seemed to help for a while. They then seemed to stop working and my acne came back, my mums friend suggested Aloe Vera gel and its worked wonders, my skin is still a little red but looks better. Now my question is. What would you suggest the best foundation is as the one I use at the moment doesn't give the coverage I want. Any help appreciated. Thanks
'This is life not heaven, you don't have to be perfect' - Gia (movie)

16 July 2010 12:43
River
Model

I suffer with acne (all teens do, apart from those strange lucky ones!). The only problem with me is that every spot tends to leave a mark, even if I dont touch it. These marks fade extreamly slowly, and even when my skin is behaving, it still looks like I have a lot of spots because of the marks.
I use clinique anti blemish foundation. It does not clog pores and gives good coverage. The consistency is nice, and is very easy to blend (which I do with a brush, using fingers spreads bacteria!)
A lot of (cheaper) foundations I have tried in the past make my skin worse. Clinique (even though it is £20 a bottle...so quite expensive!) does not make my skin worse. Its the best one Ive tried, but I try not to wear it everyday.
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

16 July 2010 12:52
Eva_Giles
Model

Clinique is amazing, all of my foundation makeup on my portfolio is clinique. Only use the foundation though. Never use the cleansers - They are strong enough to remove nail polish so god knows what it does to your skin!!!!

Eva
Working upto lingerie at £15p/h.

16 July 2010 13:19
Miss_Beth
Model
Miss_Beth
South Yorkshire

Ooo will have to take a look at that. I'm getting mine from avon at mo and dont get me wrong it looks lovely when you first put it on then it all goes to pot. Thanks again guys x

16 July 2010 13:24
Miss_Beth
Model
Miss_Beth
South Yorkshire

Ooo will have to take a look at that. I'm getting mine from avon at mo and dont get me wrong it looks lovely when you first put it on then it all goes to pot. Thanks again guys x

16 July 2010 13:24
Miss_Beth
Model
Miss_Beth
South Yorkshire

16 July 2010 14:37
Dannsair
Model

I've never had acne and very rarely get spots but when i do get a spot one thing i do is not apply make up, and leave it alone and within a couple of days it's gone. Maybe try letting your skin breathe for a while, that might help then when applying fuoundation, apply it lightly.
Beauty is within the eye of the beholder!

Leahxxx is off-line
16 July 2010 15:07
Leah1988
Model

Staffordshire
Burntwood

I really suffer with my skin- chest, face and back even though my skin is also really dry, i have found lily lolo mineral make up to be best (but this is largely because they do a shade that is actually pale enough for me)

Fleur du Mal is off-lineSilver Member
18 July 2010 16:49
Fleur_du_Mal
Model
This member has been reset to pending
Fleur_du_Mal
Derbyshire
Derby

Yeah yeah yeah, bloody teenagers ...

I'm 26 and I still get spots.  Adult acne is a total bugger because the marks from blemishes take ages to fade away, as someone earlier in the thread mentioned.  Best thing I've found for this is Sudocrem nappy rash cream.  Rub it into the marks a few times a day and it heals them up so they fade more quickly.  Plus it moisturises that bit of skin intensively so that you don't get dreaded flaky skin once you've foundation/powdered up
Mr P to Fleur: "Oh, are you the cleavage lady?" www.badflower.co.uk

Pixy is off-line
19 July 2010 09:21
xPixyx
Model

West Sussex
crawley

id say my best foundation is from gosh as they have a shade pale enouth for me (rare) and has great covarage also try puting max factors play sticks as a foundation/conseler works wonders.

18 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Lusciousabi29 Winterlilly
Adamjonesphotography bengie flashharry gshocker30 Kjoservices Ladiesman panda49 Pat9669A philippahh Rhadamanthus smooth_image steveh32 Stuh tucker217 Willy_O xsa73