Reminder Secure

Bites!

Kaylie Mansfield is off-line
11 July 2010 18:48
kayliem
Model

Hertfordshire
hertford

so ive been to a few BBQs over the last week or so. all of my mates have been bitten badly by knats or mossies. they have got big red spots come up on there ankles mostly. but i havnt been bitten at all! i know its been when ive been out with them, as they have all got them the day after we have been outside. so does that mean my blood isnt sweet? is that saying true?

im so glad i havnt been bitten thou, those bites look so painfull! and it saves photographers having to edit them out.

anyone here who never gets bitten? or is it just me whos the lucky one?x

Jessica Andrews is off-line
11 July 2010 18:55
jess_andrews
Model
jess_andrews
Derbyshire
Derby

I used to allll the time! But since i changed my diet, i don't at all! xx
˙ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ǝq oʇ ǝɹɐp

Kaylie Mansfield is off-line
14 July 2010 17:08
kayliem
Model

Hertfordshire
hertford

strange isnt it, how some people get bitten all over, and other people none at all!

Kittie Von Liebe is off-line
10 September 2010 08:04
KittieVonLiebe
Model
KittieVonLiebe
Merseyside
Birkenhead

Im jealous. Im COVERED in them around my ankles. I feel like a right scabby bint haha.

Fizzy is off-line
10 September 2010 08:15
fizzy
Model
fizzy
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle upon Tyne

I think I'm lucky, managed to only get a couple yesterday after hill-walking to get to the location for an art nude shoot. They've managed to get me on my lower back and shoulder but the bites aren't too visible.
Art nude model - £35ph

Monstersnowman is off-line
10 September 2010 08:20
monstersnowman
Photographer
monstersnowman
Lincolnshire

maybe people mainly DO get bit but some people react to the bites just like an allergic response .. bites can be treated with antihistamine which deals with allergic reactions so this seems to be likely. The mozzies love a bit of me and no amount of Autan gets rid of them.

Being a landscape photographer I often spend hours in one area at sunset and they eat me alive ( I was reliably told that Avon make a product called 'Skin So Soft' which is supposedly great at repelling the little beasties and is used by some people in the armed forces, but they call it 'Triple S'. It's worth a try for those who suffer, and if it doesn't help you will still be left with lovely skin )
Lord forgive me for my forum sins ... the latest one is a biggy !!

Luise Laudanum is off-line
11 September 2010 18:46
LuiseLaudanum
Model
LuiseLaudanum
London
London

I get bitten all the time and I'm slightly alergic so they come up like bruises... when they are on my arms/neck can look a bit dodgy!

Whether they go for you or not depends on blood type, diet and even shampoos, body lotions perfumes you use - some can attract them, so be careful of using them in summer evenings as they can attract all sorts of flying nasties!

Tathiel is off-line
19 September 2010 13:11
Tathiel
Model
Tathiel
Bristol
Bristol

I always know when any of the pets have fleas - reason being there munching on me and not the animals!!!

I have read that bloodtype and diet can influence whether you get bit or not. I don't have a clue what my blood type is so I assume it's whatever type that seems to attracts every insect in the country for a nom session.

It drives me insane though - they come up in horrible red lumps which just keep itching! I remember once when my friend had a flea infestation in her flat which I found out about as I counted over 60 flea bits on my legs alone after being in her flat for a mere 4 hours. That was not a pleasant experiance.

Jesfish is off-line
19 September 2010 13:33
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

You think that's bad?!... a horse bit a chunk out of my elbow the other day!

DJ is off-lineSilver Member
19 September 2010 15:45
DJPhotos
Photographer
DJPhotos
Leicestershire

Quote from Tathiel
I always know when any of the pets have fleas - reason being there munching on me and not the animals!!! I have read that bloodtype and diet can influence whether you get bit or not. I don't have a clue what my blood type is so I assume it's whatever type that seems to attracts every insect in the country for a nom session. It drives me insane though - they come up in horrible red lumps which just keep itching! I remember once when my friend had a flea infestation in her flat which I found out about as I counted over 60 flea bits on my legs alone after being in her flat for a mere 4 hours. That was not a pleasant experiance.

Dab your ankles with citrus, that normally keeps the fleas away.
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

21 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
carinasl Dadshouse12 missminiskirt PrettyDiamond RISelene rob452 Zhiying
beaverray biggles485 bob22 Dave@studio99 djb1 fannmore frankpht Jse_photography mrdl Nwphotosinc1 paulj1980 photomart quercus rscott360