Reminder Secure

Mmmmmmm......New day...same **** lol

07 July 2010 17:10
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

Just took a look on castings section for first time in a while.....i see things are just as they always are.....lol lol more **** taking....ha haemoticonBless, nothing changes does it...lol

Karen Hegarty is off-line
12 July 2010 11:24
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

Isn't it just !!!!!!!!! good job I'm really really busy with paid work to bother about castings on here, I found the casting for 4 glamour models wanting big hair and make up for £30 particularly amusing LMAO

Victoria Howard is off-line
13 July 2010 08:26
Victoria_Howard
Make-up Artist
Victoria_Howard
Hungary
Budapest

Quote from simplydivine
Isn't it just !!!!!!!!! good job I'm really really busy with paid work to bother about castings on here, I found the casting for 4 glamour models wanting big hair and make up for £30 particularly amusing LMAO

30.00 Each model?

Paul Ottey is off-lineSilver Member
13 July 2010 08:31
otteypm
Photographer
otteypm
Staffordshire

I reckon one of you should take the job on and do this for them.......

Video Shizzle https://vimeo.com/user2367653/videos

13 July 2010 10:28
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

Quote from simplydivine

That is the one i was thinking about....I almost messaged her then thought better of it as that would just be childish!!lol I know as Claire pointed out that these posts are fruitless but it just allows me to let off a bit of steam lol emoticon

Glad to hear youre busy matey

13 July 2010 10:29
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

Quote from Victoria_Howard
30.00 Each model?

Nope...£30 the lot??????? ridiculous, but hey, enjoy your champagne dinner (especially if youre driving eh???) lol

13 July 2010 10:30
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

Quote from otteypm
I reckon one of you should take the job on and do this for them.......

Paul, that is CLASS!!!!! That would be hilaaaaarious!!!lol

Amy Ward is off-line
14 July 2010 10:14
amyward89
Make-up Artist

South Yorkshire

I just read a casting for TFP every saturday she wants a make-up artist! and she has a kit of make-up for a MUA to use. YUK!! and doesnt pay expenses and goes on and on. I am new to the industry and really trying to make it but its so difficult when there is so much lack of respect for our profession

ForumModerator is a moderatorPlatinum Member
14 July 2010 10:24
ForumModerator

West Sussex

Quote from amyward89
  I am new to the industry and really trying to make it but its so difficult when there is so much lack of respect for our profession

Unfortunately the MUA / beauty product industry, and its lack of regulation,  seems to be the problem.
Every day Purestorm turns down many applications from registrants who have been persuaded to
pay for a short course (sometimes just a few hours long) from which they come away with a certificate
which they think then makes them a fully qualified MUA or beautician or beauty consultant or stylist.

~~~~~~~~

25 July 2010 07:38
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

Quote from amyward89
I just read a casting for TFP every saturday she wants a make-up artist! and she has a kit of make-up for a MUA to use. YUK!! and doesnt pay expenses and goes on and on. I am new to the industry and really trying to make it but its so difficult when there is so much lack of respect for our profession

Yep, and its getting worse Iv stopped looking at the castings because you cant just look at the paid work section as those who want everything for nothing just keep on breaking the rules and posting in Paid castings section????? so you cant get away from the frustration ...Im slowly resigning myself to the fact that eventually i wont even be on here because there will be no point!!emoticonemoticon Fortunately for me iv been headhunted and if all goes well Purestorm will be a thing of my past completely!! What a shame i have adopted that attitude!!

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Angeleyes777 Anniebabe chandni23 Debbieann latara_18 Pinklilly
alexandru66 chrisfrancis18 david1500 fannmore imageinc JohnDentonPhoto kai_kul Kjoservices KrissB lancephoto MIB mustang12 philStorm plymjack rankin22 rembrandt Reynard rscott360 shadowtime74 steveh32 Willjamieson
harbourstudio