Reminder Secure

Stupid Weight Issues!!!

This thread is being watched by 1 person
05 July 2010 08:31
princessleonie
Model

Arrggghhh someone help me!

I joined the gym just over two months ago when i moved to london i go at least 3 times a week, sometimes more and i do about an hour of cardio. Ive also started eating a lot healthier than i did when i was at home yet ive put weight on!!!! my clothes feel tighter and ive put on a few pounds on the scales. WTF?!!! this is really getting me down, i just want to tone up its mostly my belly and lower body area thats the problem, but why am i putting it on???x
“Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today"

05 July 2010 08:39
BaileyK
Model

Could it be you are replacing fat with muscle?

Ella-mae is off-lineSilver Member
05 July 2010 08:45
Ellamae10
Model
Ellamae10
West Sussex
Worthing - But will travel WORLDWIDE!

Quote from KayleighLouise
Could it be you are replacing fat with muscle?

+1

Muscle weighs a lot more than fat, and obviously as muscle builds clothes will become tighter. As well as the hours cardio, have you been using weights at all?

Also, have you been tracking your measurements? Have they reduced at all? It might be worth meeting with the nutritionist and/or the personal trainer down at your gym, they would be able to advise you clearer on what is happening, and what mistakes you are making (if any!)

A neat little space to write something profound and thought provoking...

Ella-mae is off-lineSilver Member
05 July 2010 08:53
Ellamae10
Model
Ellamae10
West Sussex
Worthing - But will travel WORLDWIDE!

Also, a number of factors can make your weight fluctuate quite dramatically, sometimes even giving you up to an extra 4lbs say!

- Weighing yourself at dif times of the day, i think you weigh less in the morning than the night (i may be wrong but i KNOW that this changes it)
- Weighing yourself in dif clothes
- Drinking lots of water can add a few lbs before weighing
- Time of the month and being bloated
- Weighing yourself on different scales - I find the ones in Boots are the best and most accurate. They can also measure your BMI and body fat - thus they would also give you a clear indication if you have lost anything.. If might take a while for your actual WEIGHT to reduce, but you may find that your body fat percentage has already reduced quite significantly!

When i am dieting i always weigh myself at the same time each week, i wear the same thing, and i keep my diet very similar beforehand on the day, just to attempt to get an accurate measurement..

I hope this helps!
A neat little space to write something profound and thought provoking...

05 July 2010 10:27
Jody_Maginnis
Model

What sort of Cardio are you doing? If its running it does tend to build muscle more quickly for some people. With me it did, it didnt make me lose weight or make me fat, it just bulked up my leg muscles. Didnt notice until my jeans got too tight for me. I love running very addictive but didnt like how my legs looked with it. so Switched to the bike but also do alot of walking.

Another thing is i hardly ever way myself. i think people focus on weighing themselves too much and then they have an issue but how much weight there losing or gaining.

Also make sure your getting plenty of water to stop your body retaining  it after a hard work out, which could make you feel as if you have put on weight.

05 July 2010 10:28
Jody_Maginnis
Model

ooops sorry spelt weigh wrong lol.

Chris is off-line
05 July 2010 10:53
Chris_G
Photographer

Somerset
Bath

Perhaps you should try this ??? !!!

You should make this guy our friend.

I love this Doctor

Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?

A: Heart only good for so many beats, and that it... Don't waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speed up heart not make live longer; that like say you can extend life of car by driving faster. Want live longer? Take nap.

Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?

A: You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does cow eat? Hay and corn. What are these? Vegetables. So, steak nothing more than efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef also good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And pork chop give 100% recommended daily allowance of vegetable products.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?

A: No, not at all. Wine made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine. That means they take water out of fruity bit; get even more goodness that way. Beer also made out of grain. Bottoms up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?

A: If you have body and you have fat, ratio is one to one. If you have two bodies, ratio is two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?

A: Cannot think of single one, sorry. My philosophy: No Pain...GOOD!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?

A: YOU NOT LISTEN!!! .... Foods fried in vegetable oil.. How getting more vegetables bad for you?

Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?

A: Definitely not! When you exercise muscle, it get bigger. You should only do sit-ups if want bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?

A: You crazy? HELLO ... Cocoa bean! Vegetable!!! Cocoa bean best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?

A: If swimming good for figure, explain whale.

Q: Is getting in-shape important for my lifestyle?

A: Hey! 'Round' is shape!

Well, I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

AND.....

For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truthafter all those conflicting nutritional studies:

1. The Japanese eat very little fat

And suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine

5. The Germans drink a lot of beers and eat lots of sausages and fats

And suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans

CONCLUSION.....

Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T

05 July 2010 11:01
princessleonie
Model

haha im so stupid i didnt realise that muscle would make my clothes tighter... still i dont notice a difference i dont look/feel any more toned? havent tracked my measurements maybe getting a tape measure would be best...

i do usually half hour running, and i vary from walking fast up hill to jogging to sprinting, then i might do 15 mins on the stepper/rower thing whatever its called and then half hour on the bikes.

Am going to start spin tomorow.

Havent done any weights or any machines coz thats where all the fit blokes are and i get embarressed

and chris as hilarous as that was not sure it halped !! x
“Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today"

05 July 2010 11:04
Dannsair
Model

Simple...muscle is heavier than fat! If you are gaining weight then you are doing something right.
Beauty is within the eye of the beholder!

Steve M is off-line
05 July 2010 12:55
TheShinyOne
Photographer
TheShinyOne
London

I'm no expert on fitness but I am a regular gym goer so may have something to add. If I were in your situation for fitness, I would be changing my cardio work and doing some free weights as well. Instead of what you do currently, try half the time running but at faster speed, use the Step machine for 20-25 minutes instead of 15 and finish with rowing for about 20 minutes at a low speed. For free weights, you can start low and build up if you want to - for toning just do more reps with a lighter weight. Your trainers at the gym should be able to advise you, get them to demonstrate the weights with you and give you some advice - that's what you are paying for, after all.

Also, don't forget your height is a factor in your weight, at 5' 8" you are taller than average for a woman so should expect to carry more weight than shorties !
I live for the nights that I can't remember / with the people that I can't forget

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa AnnThompson Pinklilly PrettyDiamond
2webmedia Dolayley Don_Dark Essexjohn GlasgowPhotographer guitarman imageatthemill James7799 jccj1 JohnDentonPhoto keltica Ladiesman mike0048 Philski photostevo RealityImaging skinz stevegosh steveh32 Steveharratt swalsh58