Clothes sizes...

Sheree Austin is off-line
02 July 2010 17:08
Shev
Model
Shev
Essex
Grays

So lately i gained a bit of weight, nothing extreme! But now a size 8 is getting a bit tight in some things, (but not others) BUT a sie 10 literally falls off me... so I'm inbetween sizes with no hope of buying new clothes I'm rejoining the gym to rekill those few extra pounds!!

I do hate clothes sizes! Does anyone else have this problem or am I just weird?
A wink is as good as a nudge to a blind bat...

02 July 2010 17:13
Lynniepants
Model

Is it not asda that do imbetween sizes? like size. 9 clothes?
Best bet is just to try different shops as sizes can vary quite a bit. Or just take 3 of the same thing in same size into primark changing rooms. theyre never the same size.
Whatever I've just posted... Felicity Fatale agrees with me.

02 July 2010 17:16
bulky
Model

Had the same half year ago. I did get a bit of extra weight (say stone in a year, but I am way underweight when I started my journey), but thanks God weight landed in right places, i.e. I gained 1.5 boob size (woohoo). Went to buy new mid season coat and really struggled. Size 8 had no chance to fit my boobs in, size 10 was like parachute on waist line.
Unfortunately there is no way around it. You still can find "some cloth", but it's pain in the ass. So go bigger or smaller...
After 2 months of light diet and gym I got myself size 6 dress xxx
Be scared. Be very scared.

Sheree Austin is off-line
02 July 2010 17:27
Shev
Model
Shev
Essex
Grays

I will get back down to an 8, but for now my clothes all fit strangely!

I will have to see about those half sizes, nmight be what i need at the moment.

I get that with coats all the time, they are too tight on my shoulders but massive around my waist.
A wink is as good as a nudge to a blind bat...

John Bamford is off-linePlatinum Member
02 July 2010 17:33
bamfordphotography
Photographer
bamfordphotography
South Yorkshire
doncaster

i have banged loads of weight on also.

my belt used to be on the third hole...now on the first..ekkk

well hun..thats all from me.
It's a small world but i wouldn't wanna paint it.

04 July 2010 16:20
missymilf
Model

Different stores are more "generous" with sizes than others, I can fit into a next size 12, but in karen millen I have to have a 14...it can be depressing but dont worry too much, Its what you look like on film that counts..... xx

04 July 2010 16:24
Eva_Giles
Model

In top shop i'm a size 8, yet I own a primark polo neck thats a size 18.

Sizes are a load of rubbish, I just look at the clothes and estimate their fit.

Eva
Working upto lingerie at £15p/h.

04 July 2010 16:41
OdetteRoissy
Model

aww bless you young girls... just wait till you pass 30 and have a kid! you'll be glad anything fits, when you boobs and waist and hips are nearly the same size... lol!

I stopped buying from chain stores and the like years ago... the markets and charity shops are a wonder in my town... and costs nothing to try things on!

06 July 2010 10:57
HardcoreRoyalty
Model

my sizes are all different too. different shop - different size. i have to try things on and usually if it fits my legs its too baggy on the bum etc

troubles ay? lol
My Heads Up, People Would Kill To See Me Fall

Hazel Ashton is off-line
06 July 2010 12:01
Hazel_Ashton
Model
Hazel_Ashton
West Yorkshire
Leeds

Im a size 6 (can even squeeze into a 4 on top) around my waist and 8 on my hips but when you look at size charts online they say im a 10 and i have a pair of 10 jeans and they fall off me so i just buy what fits let alone a 10 up top 8's are a bit big around my chest area sometimes grrr
Hazel - Contact me for any photoshoots you want to do if your interested

15 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Hann Michelledefeo1 Yenguo
aprilscherz3 davemac ellessephotography grahamsphotography iestyn JimPow MauricesImagery Peter_d_photography Platidonio rscott360 severndigital xposed