MUA'S don't get enough credit.

Pyretta Blaze is off-line
01 July 2010 17:54
PyrettaBlaze
Model
PyrettaBlaze
Swansea
Swansea

Well, it's about time you lot got a slice of the pie !

I want to thank Victoria Howard for a wonderful job the last two times I have worked with her, the recent images I have are down right kick ass! And I am so proud of them that I have already written an article for Alternative Fashion Magazine on bodypainting for the autumn issue featuring her work.

I have always admired the patience of make up artists, body painters and SFX artists, and I really urge photographers and models to hire them, on PAID work. 

I had a long discussion with Victoria on how tfcd is really destroying and undercutting work of people who have trained for years in their field and therefore putting people out of buisness.

So thanks Mua's you make my job a hell of a lot easier, and a hell of a lot better, money well spent.

I'm not an artist, I'm a work of art.

01 July 2010 17:56
kater
Model

I recommend Amy ward
http://www.purestorm.com/profile.aspx?psid=amyward89&logon$btn_searchgo.x=16&logon$btn_searchgo.y=13
She did some amazing Make up for my designs
'please keep offending people, I love seeing you naked'.

01 July 2010 17:59
PyrettaBlaze
Model
PyrettaBlaze
Swansea
Swansea

Yey, we can make this into a most reccomended , thank you thread.

01 July 2010 18:00
PyrettaBlaze
Model
PyrettaBlaze
Swansea
Swansea

Quote from kater
I recommend Amy ward http://www.purestorm.com/profile.aspx?psid=amyward89&logon$btn_searchgo.x=16&logon$btn_searchgo.y=13 She did some amazing Make up for my designs

Amy Ward is off-line
02 July 2010 04:15
amyward89
Make-up Artist

South Yorkshire

I was just browsing pure storm and came across this!

Thank you Katie, You know how much I enjoyed that shoot, and I totally agree with Pyretta Blaze.

I have made the decision not to do TFP anymore unless it will really benefit my portfolio!

What do you think to the bodypaint above!

x

02 July 2010 04:40
art5140
Photographer

agree MUAs are much underrated and I have and do use them when budgets work, as to the work above well done to all

Paul Ottey is off-lineSilver Member
02 July 2010 05:33
otteypm
Photographer
otteypm
Staffordshire

Agreed, I love working with a MUA, the collaborations result in some really good images. I think I have included each MUA I have worked with on there.  emoticon

Secondskin

Becky Hunting

Simplydivine

Lipstickandmascara

Claire Shipman

Emily Rose

Video Shizzle https://vimeo.com/user2367653/videos

02 July 2010 08:18
PyrettaBlaze
Model
PyrettaBlaze
Swansea
Swansea

As a make up artist, Claire shipman did some great work with me,
Also Cherrylips , Mandy Lawrence, Mark Gannon, AwenSFX, Claire Harmer (did the make up on a load of my published work), and several other students that I have worked with from MM have all been great to work with.

05 July 2010 13:05
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

Awwww, its lovely to see this )) A big thankyou from me xxx

15 July 2010 13:52
UrbanoModa
Photographer

There would be no good photography without our good MUA's yes, you are the blood and life behind the work.
Don;t give up though, good photographers show their appreciation in publications.

Keep pushing, keep going

20 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
roxsanniebel ryansd
Daddylonglense davidn dorrian imageatthemill Images1854 jccj1 kai_kul lify Mwphotos plymjack powerbook92 Reynard scott24 stevegosh Steveh32 Steveharratt talldave68 wayne