Reminder Secure

Really Pee'd off

This thread is being watched by 1 person
01 July 2010 12:03
River
Model

I went to a new hair salon last month after my hair was dyed too light. I wanted it more of a natural blonde colour, so the hairdresser dyed it and it looked lovely, for a day or so.
But the dye didnt take to my hair, and washed out within a week. I rung up and complained (as it had cost me £85!), so they asked me to come in with the shampoo I was using and have a consultation. Apparently it was the shampoo that rinsed the colour out, even though it said 'anti-fade, colour protecting formula'. The salon agreed to dye my hair again complementary.

So I went and had it done again yesterday, it was a bit darker and looked lovely. Ive just washed it today, and its now got a prominant GREEN tint!!! I washed it in the expensive 'Wella Salon professionals repair shampoo' and conditioner.

Arggggh. What shall I do? Shall I give up with this salon and go somewhere else? I dont want to dye my hair again for a while, Im afraid of damage. Advice please!!
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

01 July 2010 12:08
kater
Model

I'm no expert but I do know if you die your hair too much too quickly you can end up with burns (when the dyes react to each other) or your hair falling out or all snapping off. Is there any way you can leave it for a while ask the salon for a refund and then go somewhere else? When your hair is a bit more ready for it.
'please keep offending people, I love seeing you naked'.

01 July 2010 12:10
River
Model

Thats why I dont want to have to dye my hair again for a while. Its already quite dry (im using repair shampoos and twice a week deep conditioning treatments as of 2 weeks ago).
I cant get a refund because the hair dye I just had done was complementary because the last one washed out
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

02 July 2010 06:31
Dannsair
Model

I have never dyed me hair so have never had this problem but i would suggest that next time you go to get your hair dyed, whether it be the same salon or a different one, just ask them to reccommend a shampoo and conditioner to use on your hair type and with the dye they applied to your hair, at least that way if it goes wrong again they can't blame you for using the wrong shampoo.
Hope this helps and hope you get your back to the way you want it.
Beauty is within the eye of the beholder!

Stuart Brown is off-line
02 July 2010 06:40
Species125
Photographer
Species125
West Midlands
Rushden

Well remember if you ask for a service, that service has to be done to the expected standard. If the dye washes out when you were expecting a more permanent job then you have a right to either a refund or a replacement. If that replacement also fails to live up to expected standards then you still have to right to a refund.

I would be astonished if a shampoo affected the dye as there is very little in modern shampoos that alters product to product (they're mostly identical in ingredients now) and it sounds like an arsecovering exercise by the salon. If they do not give you a refund then state you're going to have a chat with trading standards as the quality of work is not up to scratch.

Don't dye your hair for a while though - multiple dye jobs in a short time will leave it feeling like crap as the ammonia in the dye buggers up the hair each time you do it.
Meow mix. So good, cats ask for it by name.

Ella-mae is off-lineSilver Member
02 July 2010 07:11
Ellamae10
Model
Ellamae10
West Sussex
Worthing - But will travel WORLDWIDE!

Quote from kater
I'm no expert but I do know if you die your hair too much too quickly you can end up with burns (when the dyes react to each other) or your hair falling out or all snapping off. Is there any way you can leave it for a while ask the salon for a refund and then go somewhere else? When your hair is a bit more ready for it.

+1

A friend of mine had similar problems, and due to the dye, went from having lucious long locks to having to get a wispy bob cut as her hair was so badly damaged and burnt.

Go into the salon and DEMAND your money back. You paid for a service, and you didnt get it. Say enless you get your money back you will wanting other methods of compensation for the un needed extra damage to your hair that is irreversible. If they ask what you mean then say small claims court, you wont need a solicitor but if you have substantial proof (i.e. photos) of the various mistakes they have made with your hair then you should be onto a winner, or at least enough to make them panic and return your money that you first outlaid for the treatment.

I certainly would NOT let them dye your hair again, if they are a reputable salon they will not want to anyway, bleaching once is bad enough, let alone multiple times in a short period.

I am also interested to hear if when they were blaming your shampoo, if they recommended anything else? It is up to them to provide an after care service plan after administering the dye for you... They should have told you the, 'do's and dont's' - given you a list if needs be - and recommended products that you should be using.. It is not in anyway your fault for using an, 'anti fade' dye if they have not warned you against it. As your chosen salon that is their duty to advise you.

Regarding the green tinge at the moment, get down to another salon that you dont mind giving more money to, and pick up some Kerastase purple conditioner.. I dont remember its salon name, but they will know 100% what i mean when i say that.. It adds a purple tinge to your hair that counteracts the green and then your hair will return to its, 'normal' colour. Dont use it excessively though as then your hair will just turn purple! Haha. The salon should be able to recommend how often and much you use. It's not cheap but it's a really awesome product as it also reverses damage to a certain degree... Well as much as a conditioner can! Expect to pay £25-30 for it. But honestly it is WELL worth every penny..

Good luck!! And GO GET YOUR MONEY BACK THAT YOU ARE OWED!!!

emoticon
A neat little space to write something profound and thought provoking...

02 July 2010 07:53
River
Model

Ive managed to get the green tinge out by using tomato juice. I used it last night, before I read these posts. If I had read them first I would have taken pictures of my 'green hair', and gone back to the salon.

In regards to the original shampoo that 'rinsed out' my hair dye, it was Samy anti-fade colour protect shampoo, and I used Aussie moisture conditioner. When I originally complained and took the shampoo into the salon to show them, the salon owner was so dertermined that it was the shampoo that he asked his wife (who also works in the salon) to wash his hair in it right there and then, just to show me. Some of the dye in his hair did come out, so perhaps it was the shampoo? How was I to know it would wash it out? They reccommended me the Wella Salon Professionals repair shampoo/conditioner, ive been using it for a few weeks now and it is quite good, but no major improvment.

Im not going back to the salon, the girl who did my hair was lovely bless her, but I dont think the dye/techniques were up to scratch or I wouldnt be in this situation!! I suppose I cant get my money back if I dont have any proof it went green now, since Ive sorted it out Really should have read all this first!!

16 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin pinklilly SJH30
bogan browny7 dave_a Edphoto Fluffypup Hazy martinchristie paulj1980 photostevo redtail RenedeHaan sammylhel Steveh32