Reminder Secure

Getting rid of black hair!

24 June 2010 03:29
Quirkybutcute
Model

I have had black hair now for about a year and I really want to go back to being a natural dark brown sort of colour because I get grey hairs quite regularly (I know, I'm only 20, but seriously about 5 come up once a month and they are REALLY obvious), and I am sick of dying my hair black, because they show through more.

I can't afford to have it stripped, and my friend paid over a hundred to have hers done with no real difference! I was wondering if it would be possible to bleach it and then do a brown on top of that?

x
*La la la la la, I can't hear you.*

24 June 2010 03:55
tasmintaylor
Model

i use black dye its a bitch to get out yes its possible to bleach then add dark brown i have done it but have a extra box in-case of miss haps you will probs go ginger to orange doing it with the bleach then take it back up i am thinking of going blond but thinking if its worth the hassle lol

24 June 2010 03:58
Quirkybutcute
Model

So how would I do it and whats the best bleach to use? Could I do it in a day? Or would I need two or three days off.

24 June 2010 04:16
tasmintaylor
Model

you want bleach or pre lightener which is bleach still you are not suppose to use dye more than once in 3 months but it has to be done and yes you can do it in a day if it has to be done bleach in the morning and take back up later that evening because you are going dark again just not as dark all the rules i have to follow for blonde go out the window if you get hair lighter than the shade you want all should be ok x

24 June 2010 04:17
tasmintaylor
Model

if you get hair lighter than the shade you want all should be ok

and the brown should be fine x

24 June 2010 04:19
BaileyK
Model

Sorry love,
Id say go to the hairdressers!
You do not want to end up with candy floss hair when you hair looks super sleek and shiny!!!!

Put it this way you have more chance of it going right and more to fall back on if you use a hairdresser!

PLEASE don't do it yourself UNLESS of course you are a trainer hair dresser

24 June 2010 04:22
AndromedaX
Model

I agree - go to the hairdressers!!!!!

If you bleach it yourself it will go from yellow roots through ginger down to still black on the ends!! And it will be in crap condition afterwards, then when you put dark brown dye on, the ginger will still show through. Trust me, I've done it several times with disasterous results.

Hairdressers.

***RETIREDed***

bella ava is off-line
24 June 2010 04:29
bella_ava
Model
bella_ava
Greater Manchester
Manchester

I had my hair dyed a chocolate brown colour about 3 years ago, it made me look even younger so i didnt like it! After about 3 weeks i tried to home bleach it to get the dye out. Before i bleached it my hair was about waist length and glossy, after i bleached it, from bra strap down it killed my hair and then was bright orange emoticon The box said to wait 2 weeks before bleaching/dying it again emoticon I just went the the hair dressers and they fixed it for me, more expensive but they know what they are doing! Safest thing to do is to just let the dye grow out but if you want it changed quickly your hairdresser will most likely offer the best resultsemoticon

24 June 2010 04:40
Quirkybutcute
Model

Aahh okay, thanks for your suggestions, I guess you are all right. Another question I have is, what foods / hair products will make my hair shiny and sleek again? I seem to be lacking something from my diet as its no longer as sleek and shiny as it was

24 June 2010 04:41
tasmintaylor
Model

Quote from AndromedaX
I agree - go to the hairdressers!!!!! If you bleach it yourself it will go from yellow roots through ginger down to still black on the ends!! And it will be in crap condition afterwards, then when you put dark brown dye on, the ginger will still show through. Trust me, I've done it several times with disasterous results. Hairdressers.

shes right here i have this red tint even on black hair even though the black i used didn't lol and this was 10 months ago since i was red lol if you think its worth trying try it win some lose some but have a bag ready for your head in-case its a trip to the hair dressers lol if it goes right yes its cheaper but if it goes wrong its a trip to the hair dressers with a bag on your head rofl 

talking of dye who thinks blonde will suit me or not 

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AndyGStudios dave81 RoninUK