Reminder Secure

Living-room work outs

22 June 2010 14:22
Vasilisa
Model

So the air con is broken at my gym, which basically means that it's a sauna today. My knees are too bad to go running in the lovely weather so I've taken to doing living-room workouts.

I've mainly been doing some tabata training and adding in some core strength work and finishing with various press ups.

What are your fave living-room workouts? Also, if you have any favourite resources, please share!

www.redvas.com

RubyRosetta is off-lineGold Member
22 June 2010 14:29
RubyRosetta
Model
RubyRosetta
Derbyshire

I invested in a situp bench recently..£20 from argos

22 June 2010 14:39
Vasilisa
Model

Quote from RubyRosetta
I invested in a situp bench recently..£20 from argos

Do you use it a lot? I'm always a bit superstitous about buying exercise equipment-  it usually means I'll stop exercising after I get it. Like when people get their bf/gf/s name tattooed on them and then break up the next day....
www.redvas.com

23 June 2010 00:53
Tidal_Kitten
Model

Anything on my swiss (gym) ball, free weight dumbells, resistance band and pull up bar wedged in the door, in whatever combo/solo.

I'm with you on the exercise equipment thing...but those are easy to use/put away and can be done whenever (i'd say during commercials but i haven't owned a TV/watched TV in years)
More than just Kibbles and Bits

Araneae is off-lineSilver Member
23 June 2010 04:52
Araneae
Model
Araneae
Hampshire
Farnham

I'm with yo on gym kit, sort of.
I bought my fella a rowing machine, that he's not unpacked from the box yet... 2 years ago!   I do have a LTT though, and I love it to bits.
I'm with TK though, swiss ball is great.  Its just so easy to use and you can do so much with it!

Though I also love my Wii Fit!
Alternative/Fetish model, great rates!!

alterego_photography is off-line
23 June 2010 05:13
dinesh
Photographer

Berkshire
Newbury(Berks)/Preston(Lancs)

Don`t really need to buy any equipment, I`ve found that you can do plenty using your own body weight.

squats (thighs/calfes)
Star jumps (calfes)
Stomach crunches against the bed or couch. Yr feet over the bed, butt on the floor but right up against the edge of the bed. OR lie flat on yr back, raise yr legs up 12in off the floor & pretend to walk, great for abs.
Abs twists with a broom, put it behind yr head with hands holding the ends, then gently but full twist keeping yr feet firmly in one place.
Punching the air or shadow boxing, is an awesome areobic exercise, sounds easy but if it do it full on for a full minuite you will be tired.

All great aerobic exercise & they do work depending how much you put into them.
thanks.....dinesh. www.flickr.com/photos/alterego_photography

23 June 2010 05:19
AndromedaX
Model

Quote from Tidal_Kitten
 (i'd say during commercials but i haven't owned a TV/watched TV in years)

A bit off-topic, but we're telly-free as well... why do so many people think that its a bit freaky not to own one??!  I quite often get the: "But what do you do instead?! That's just WEIRD!" response when people find out...

emoticon

***RETIREDed***

Chrissie Red is off-line
23 June 2010 06:11
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from dinesh
Don`t really need to buy any equipment, I`ve found that you can do plenty using your own body weight. squats (thighs/calfes) Star jumps (calfes) Stomach crunches against the bed or couch. Yr feet over the bed, butt on the floor but right up against the edge of the bed. OR lie flat on yr back, raise yr legs up 12in off the floor & pretend to walk, great for abs. Abs twists with a broom, put it behind yr head with hands holding the ends, then gently but full twist keeping yr feet firmly in one place. Punching the air or shadow boxing, is an awesome areobic exercise, sounds easy but if it do it full on for a full minuite you will be tired. All great aerobic exercise & they do work depending how much you put into them.

Agree to that, its similar to what I do, just stick on your favourite CD while doing it or even watch tv.

Recently I got a WII so my workout has been playing 'just dance' you should see me doing the cotton eyed joe, after 10 full songs I'm bloody shattered  

23 June 2010 07:44
leighmoore
Photographer

Quote from AndromedaX
A bit off-topic, but we're telly-free as well... why do so many people think that its a bit freaky not to own one??!  I quite often get the: "But what do you do instead?! That's just WEIRD!" response when people find out...

emoticon

OMG emoticonBut surely that means you and your partner have to talk... to... each... other... Argh! emoticon

"OH YEAH!! Well Smurfs are blue and as a result look constantly chilly!" - AliceCat.

23 June 2010 12:59
Vasilisa
Model

Quote from dinesh
Don`t really need to buy any equipment, I`ve found that you can do plenty using your own body weight. squats (thighs/calfes) Star jumps (calfes) Stomach crunches against the bed or couch. Yr feet over the bed, butt on the floor but right up against the edge of the bed. OR lie flat on yr back, raise yr legs up 12in off the floor & pretend to walk, great for abs. Abs twists with a broom, put it behind yr head with hands holding the ends, then gently but full twist keeping yr feet firmly in one place. Punching the air or shadow boxing, is an awesome areobic exercise, sounds easy but if it do it full on for a full minuite you will be tired. All great aerobic exercise & they do work depending how much you put into them.

Definitely - bw exercises are usually way more effective than half the stuff people do with equipment anyway.

www.redvas.com

34 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Damm08 Lushlolly sarahjane1 Shhimblond Silkythighslou Superhawk8 toxicinnocence
Andyphotography BobWright Cole96 daseinphoto dirkus dorrian frankpht gazzer59 hylander iestyn jonnar42 kaosrox keltica lysander mrdl Ncp Richard99 rod_m99 rscott360 RupertRudd stephenmuddell steveh32 swalsh58 visions11 woody
ThePhotographyStudios