Reminder Secure

Sore throat :(

17 June 2010 02:16
Quirkybutcute
Model

I've had a sore throat for a few days now but today I've woken up with it being severely swollen, can't sleep, can't speak and can barely breathe. I think I have drank three bottles of water and only been awake half an hour. I used to suffer with tonsilitis a lot when I was younger. I've had to cancel a shoot, and I've had to call in sick to work.

Other than going to the doctor and getting a prescription, what other remedies can I buy? Is there any foods that relieve it, or drink? etc..

Thanks!!
xx
*La la la la la, I can't hear you.*

17 June 2010 02:22
elliejoy
Model

It sounds horrible and doesn't taste great either, but gargle with TCP dilute it with water, and then just gargle it works a treat.

Also, drinking orange juice or warm ribena. Lots of vitamin C.

Hope it helps
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." — Marilyn Monroe

17 June 2010 02:25
Quirkybutcute
Model

Ooh thanks I have great remedies for colds just not sore throats haha, thanks

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
17 June 2010 02:45
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Were you eating/drinking anything the night before?

I discovered a few years ago that I'm particularly allergic to lime juice (although all citrus juices cause irritation). I had a lemon/lime late one summer evening and woke up in the middle of the night almost choking to death as my throat has swollen up - horrible, couldn't breathe and there was fluid on the back of my throat I couldn't cough up.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

17 June 2010 02:55
Quirkybutcute
Model

Oooh, nasty!! No, I've had a sore throat for a few days now it just got dramatically worse overnight but thanks anyway

17 June 2010 03:15
Jody_Maginnis
Model

It must be doing its rounds, i came back from down south with an extremley sore throat, exactly the same couldnt eat or talk. Ive been drinking plenty of water. and gargling or trying too with Oraldine mouthwash the stuff you use at dentist. You will be able to buy it in most chemists, i got mine from asda, it seems to be helping slightly. but now i have a cough.

Just get plenty of rest and fluids. and some cold fruitpastels ice lollies.

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Angeleyes777 Astramore fashion29 infinitelizzy Laurenxoxt Lord1982 rob452 shadowsfire
63jian davejarvis djb1 flatheadrich JohnDentonPhoto Kentrichuk MarcXJR MauricesImagery Musicman pb_photography philippahh photomart Picturemike Platidonio spiritofwales stevegosh