Reminder Secure

URGENT HELP! - RUINED HAIR

12 June 2010 14:35
sarahlouisee
Model

Okay, Ive been so so stupid I know please dont tell me this I know how stupid Ive been I just need some advice asap.

For some insane reason my mate thought it would be good to try and dye my hair blonde...we bleached it first, went yellowy in some parts orange in others...then we dyed over it with an ash blonde hair dye, the result is.....Orangey tinted hair with parts blonde parts yellow.

I need to fix it asap I cannot go out the house and I have exams this week plus a teaching assistant work experience meeting which is really important to me I cannot show up with stupid hair,

Obviously I dont want to risk ruining my hair anymore it is quite broken at the ends so obviously want to dye it back dark.

Can I actually do this, Will the dark dye over the orange,

Pleasee help cannot believe something I thought would be a laugh turned into a total disaster! Please help asap xxx thanks

B Summer is off-line
12 June 2010 14:45
thisisharmony
Photographer
thisisharmony
Northamptonshire
Northampton

Unfortunately you are most likely going to have to go to the hair dressers and get colour correction. If you dye your hair with brown over the blonde you will just get a copper gingery mess. (This has happened twice to me in the past, you'd think i would have learnt the first time)
"Failure is unimportant, it takes courage to make a fool out of yourself" - Charlie Chaplin

12 June 2010 14:48
sarahlouisee
Model

Quote from thisisharmony
Unfortunately you are most likely going to have to go to the hair dressers and get colour correction. If you dye your hair with brown over the blonde you will just get a copper gingery mess. (This has happened twice to me in the past, you'd think i would have learnt the first time)

Arghh will hairdressers defo do it for me, because im worried theyll say its in too bad a condition to sort..I would usually live with it but I really cant it looks so stupid for this job thing

xx

12 June 2010 14:49
Lynniepants
Model

phone a mobile hairdresser.
Whatever I've just posted... Felicity Fatale agrees with me.

12 June 2010 14:49
Lynniepants
Model

phone a mobile hairdresser.
Whatever I've just posted... Felicity Fatale agrees with me.

12 June 2010 14:50
elliejoy
Model

Quote from thisisharmony

Yeah you are going to have to get professional advice, otherwise you are risking your hair breaking even more. A way to get rid of the yellow tinge is using a purple based shampoo, this is just a shampoo which colour is purple, it gets rid of coppery tones. But if you dye it dark now, you risk it even going  a funny colour like green!! Hope it all goes well, and good luck with exams xx
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." — Marilyn Monroe

12 June 2010 14:53
sarahlouisee
Model

Will phone hairdressers in the morning asap thanks for the advice, ive been told by friends to just put a darker dye over it but I darent risk it haha, definatley going to phone hairdressers first thing tommorow now xx

Stripey is off-lineSilver Member
12 June 2010 14:57
Stripey
Model
Stripey
Essex
Hockley

I wouldnt risk anymore dying for the time been!!!!!

Pop to boots and look for lee stafford stuff

he does a thing called hot shots for blondes.

You leave them in for a while and if it's as yellow as you say it is a while then
and it does strip horrible colours out. The intensive conditioner they do for bleached blondes is also really good might be worth giving your hair lots of conditioners etc

12 June 2010 15:00
sarahlouisee
Model

Quote from Stripey
I wouldnt risk anymore dying for the time been!!!!! Pop to boots and look for lee stafford stuff he does a thing called hot shots for blondes. You leave them in for a while and if it's as yellow as you say it is a while then and it does strip horrible colours out. The intensive conditioner they do for bleached blondes is also really good might be worth giving your hair lots of conditioners etc

Its not just yellows though Its oranges! God I cant believe how stupid Ive been xx

Suzy Monty is off-line
12 June 2010 15:26
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Only ever had my hair dyed once for a hair show - never again! emoticon
To get the condition of your hair back to silky gorgeous soft and shiny - use Rosemary seeds infused in hot water. Drain and then use the cold solution in your final rinse.
Good luck.
A model's hair is suppose to be her crowning glory and all that jazz.
But ORANGE? Get some pix taken of it quick wearing an orange coloured bikini or dress, or Artnude just holding oranges - USE the colour whilst you still have it for some whacky photo shoots!!
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chloejade25 Just_Janine
63jian alanbassettphotography chicimages DJ200 duncanjames edwards ellessephotography farley fashionphotography ignite jyp Ladiesman Mark_roe peteb peterh photomart plymjack poah psn redbaron Robinsky rosscollins Rscott360 skinz TonyNutley ukbondagetotty vipimages