Swimming and hair care.

Leahxxx is off-line
08 June 2010 07:02
Leah1988
Model

Staffordshire
Burntwood

Hey beautiful people!

I have recently decided that I really should start looking after myself more, so Im going to start taking advantage of my cheap access to swimming.

My question is regarding my hair.
I really want to avoid wearing a cap, but my hair is very dry. I use lots of conditioning treatments and try to keep heat styling and colouring to a minimum, but I reckon regular swimming will give it the nudge it needs to become straw!

Any tips?

Thanks in advance emoticon

xxxx

08 June 2010 07:16
BaileyK
Model

Cap or CANDY FLOSS hair? I vote cap ^__^ I am sure someone will be able to give you some advice<3 If I was you though just be over careful with your hair!!! US girls and our hair

08 June 2010 07:18
bulky
Model

Not much you can do there, apart from using special after swim shampoos, which are a bit more expensive than normal ones but prevent your hair from being damaged by chlorine.
Be scared. Be very scared.

Leahxxx is off-line
08 June 2010 09:41
Leah1988
Model

Staffordshire
Burntwood

Ah thats something i didnt know exists! can you recommend any??

Fizzy is off-line
09 June 2010 18:09
fizzy
Model
fizzy
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle upon Tyne

Boots sell a good one. It's called Sun, Sea and Sand. It comes in a blue bottle and it's generally quite cheap.
Art nude model - £35ph

Leahxxx is off-line
10 June 2010 04:04
Leah1988
Model

Staffordshire
Burntwood

Thank you fizzy xxxx

10 June 2010 04:13
elliejoy
Model

N07 at boots does a hair protection spray for the pool etc... its about 5.75 for a huge bottle

also last year I used mark hill protection spray, and that did the trick.

The best thing to do is make sure you always wash your hair as soon as you get out the pool, or sea!!
xx
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." — Marilyn Monroe

10 June 2010 04:21
Lynniepants
Model

I always found that frizz ease serum(the purple one) applied after swimming to damp hair helps loads. Frizz ease is brilliant.
Whatever I've just posted... Felicity Fatale agrees with me.

Cody is off-lineSilver Member
10 June 2010 05:14
Cody
Model
Cody
Oxfordshire
bicester

Wear a cap...noone will stare at you Put conditioner on hair before you swim

04 July 2010 17:28
missymilf
Model

If you wet your hair before you swim and put baby oil in your hair it will protect it while swimming.

18 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Lusciousabi29 Winterlilly
Adamjonesphotography bengie flashharry gshocker30 Kjoservices Ladiesman panda49 Pat9669A philippahh Rhadamanthus smooth_image steveh32 Stuh tucker217 Willy_O xsa73