Reminder Secure

Veneers!!

This thread is currently locked
27 May 2010 07:11
HarleyXx
Model

Has anyone had them im due to have them in aug/sept - got to have gum surgery too though! has anyone had them what was your experience like etc x x x xx

Kaylie Mansfield is off-line
02 June 2010 13:58
kayliem
Model

Hertfordshire
hertford

hi ya, my mate had 2 veneers done on her front teeth (she knocked them out in an accident). so she had no choice but have them. they look very natural, and are well matched up to her other teeth.
but she has said that they make her teeth very sensitive, and is finding some drinks/food very painfull. she still has sensitive teeth now 2 years after having them done.

so do have a think before you go ahead with them, make sure your making the right choice.

luv kaylie x

04 June 2010 16:47
Gabby21
Model

Heya Harley,

I have a combination of crowns, veneers and a bridge on my top row of teeth.
I also had to have some quite extensive gum surgery.

Personally my experience was fab. I went with one of the top cosmetic dental practices in the country so I knew the work I was to have done would be top notch. The colour match of the veneers was spot on, and in my mouth they feel just like normal teeth. My dentist did so much prep work before going ahead, showing me moulds of what he wanted to achieve and making sure I was 100% happy with the length, shape and colour of the veeners. So just make sure you are happy with them as they will be your teeth for the next 10-20 years!

The idea of the gum contouring surgery originally scared the pants of me! But I can honestly say I felt nothing. It is a bit of a brutal process but as long as your dentist numbs you up properly it can be a pain free experience. The worst part is for a couple of weeks after your gums are a bit raw and look very bruised...not attractive. lol. They should give you some mouthwash specially for gum disease which helps them heal up afterwards.

Following on from what Kayliem mentioned yes my teeth are a lot more sensitive than before, even in cold winds I have to keep my mouth shut because the nerves are more exposed than before and so feel the slightest sensations. It is not unbearable though I just have to use toothpaste for sensitive teeth and watch out if eating icecreams, etc. For me it is defo worth it for the results that have been achieved.

Hope that has helped you out. If you have any more questions feel free to ask and i'll try and help.

Take care hun

Gabby

HowardJ is off-line
11 June 2010 16:44
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

I knew someone that had gum surgery. They had a receding gum and the dentist cut it, pulled it back up and stitched it in place. He had to use a special mouthwash to stop it getting infected as it was healing, but it seemed to work well. It scares the hell out of me though!

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
gadzooks2 guitarman mikehemmings Steveh32