Reminder Secure

Dark shadows under the eyes

18 May 2010 12:03
Genevieve
Model

What causes them and how can I get rid of them? I have a good diet and eat pretty healthily but it's something I've never been able to shift and makes for extra work in the studio.

Gen

18 May 2010 12:19
majk
Photographer

Well, this ALWAYS works! emoticon

What's on your mind, if you will allow the overstatement?

Cody is onlineSilver Member
18 May 2010 12:28
Cody
Model
Cody
Oxfordshire
bicester

Drink more water and get more sleep

18 May 2010 12:30
elliejoy
Model

More sleep
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." — Marilyn Monroe

18 May 2010 12:45
AndromedaX
Model

Same here.

Have always had them - they are even there in my baby photos!!! I have veins which run close to the surface under both my eyes so there is no way of ever getting rid of them. Even back in the days when I used to get LOTS of sleep they were very noticeable, and I got picked on a few times at school over them (told I looked like a druggie etc.). It annoys me no end when people assume they are due to being up all night getting drunk etc - chance would be a fine thing!!

The best I can recommend is good makeup to cover them (either camoflage makeup or a really good concealer (I use one by Benefit both under AND then again over my foundation)... but they are dead easy to Photoshop out anyway.

Hope this helps.
***RETIREDed***

Cody is onlineSilver Member
18 May 2010 12:46
Cody
Model
Cody
Oxfordshire
bicester

That's unlucky...try mac concealer

18 May 2010 12:53
AndromedaX
Model

Quote from Cody
That's unlucky...try mac concealer

I like MAC for eyeshadows etc, but have never been a huge fan of their foundations/concealers unfortunately, they just don't 'feel' right on my skin...  emoticon
***RETIREDed***

Angel is off-line
18 May 2010 12:54
Amo_Angelus
Model
Amo_Angelus
Derbyshire
Chesterfield

Drink more water and get more sleep. You're suposed to consume something like 5litres of water a day through your food and drink. Drink as much water as you can stomache. Water is better than pop. But be aware that you do get water in food so you don't need 5 litres of bottled water :P
Creative, Fun and Vibrant model always on the lookout for work. TFCD/TFP are more than welcome.

Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
18 May 2010 13:10
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

Drinking 5 Litres a day and you might end up defeating the the aim of more sleep with each extra trip to the Loo each night! 2.5 is more realistic unless you are seriously dehydrating through excessive exercise! Drinking more than you need has no benefit and the body dumps excess amounts. Remember too a bit of meat is 70% water and fruits etc much higher.

18 May 2010 14:43
Genevieve
Model

Quote from AndromedaX
Same here. Have always had them - they are even there in my baby photos!!! I have veins which run close to the surface under both my eyes so there is no way of ever getting rid of them. Even back in the days when I used to get LOTS of sleep they were very noticeable, and I got picked on a few times at school over them (told I looked like a druggie etc.). It annoys me no end when people assume they are due to being up all night getting drunk etc - chance would be a fine thing!! The best I can recommend is good makeup to cover them (either camoflage makeup or a really good concealer (I use one by Benefit both under AND then again over my foundation)... but they are dead easy to Photoshop out anyway. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that. Yeah I've had mine since I was a child. I could do with drinking a bit more fluid but I don't think sleep is an issue. I'll follow your guide and I don't suppose there are many photographers out there not using photoshop or any models so perfect they don't need it. x

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
amber6 AmberBray Cody Jessicaliu1993 Pinklilly
abouncer antoinewynn davejarvis Don_Dark ellessephotography George99 gwentman jefflynne JohnDentonPhoto Kjoservices modelboutique Morgan_L paulq peteb poah psn riddell Rule_of_Thumb siclews soulc steveh32 Steveharratt Thunder_Photos TonyNutley