Wigs/False eyelashes

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
05 May 2010 13:33
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Little advice please;

One of my female family members is undergoing chemo which is likely to result in hair loss. Can anybody give consructive advice on reasonably priced, realistic wigs...

Also false eyelashes which adhere to the eyelids

Thanks
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

Lysander is off-lineSilver Member
05 May 2010 16:31
Lysander
Photographer
Lysander
West Midlands
Wolverhampton

Dear Iain,
 sorry to hear about your relatives need for chemo. You should send Meg, Harpy-Images a P.M.  She's your best bet for good advice on wigs.  Mick.
"I would rather be Schroedinger's Cat than one of Pavlov's Dogs."

Jesfish is off-line
05 May 2010 16:38
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Hi Iain.  I have done make up for a few ladies with hair loss, either as a result of treatment  or through alopecia.

False eyelashes are not for everyone but generally the natural looking one's are the best as they are lighter.  Also I would recommend using the half lashes.  They basically accentuate the outside corners of the eye.  They are the easiest to put on. 

If she doesn't always want to wear eyelashes, she can use a dark brown pencil eyeliner on the top lids and smudge in with some eye shadow and a good brush.  This will give the illusion of eyelashes.   Can be used on the lower lid too.  Also a good eyebrow pencil or powder.  She could consider semi permanent make up but make sure she goes to a reputable company.

If you want any specific brands, PM me and I'll give you a list.

Jes

05 May 2010 16:43
Nick_Giles
Photographer
This member has been suspended

I cannot offer you any advice upon your request.

I can however offer the brave lady my best wishes and a belief in optimism for the future.

Nick
" The Almighty in his infinite wisdom did not see fit to create frenchmen in the image of Englishmen." :- Sir Winston Churchill.

Karen Hegarty is off-line
05 May 2010 18:17
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

Hi Iain , firstly let me say I wish her a full and quick recovery and my heart goes out to her. On the wig front I would say if she speaks to her doctor he/she should be able to put her in touch with someone who can advise her on wigs and they should be available to someone in her position on the nhs. Once she has a wig in the colour and hair type she wants, tell her not to worry to much about the style as she can go to a hair salon or get someone to visit her and cut the wig into a style to suit her.
As for eyelashes I can offer her plenty of advise on that front, as was mentioned above though I would probably advise some very natural looking lashes and I can send you a pm with some sources, or she can look into getting the permanent eyelash extensions, which will be easier than applying strip lashes everyday, although this option is a little more expensive but probably worth it, if she mentions her condition i'm sure she could get a discounted treatment though. I hope this is of some help and if I can offer any further advise please pm me.
regards karen.

Marcello Pozzetti is off-line
05 May 2010 18:22
MarcelloPozzetti
Photographer
MarcelloPozzetti
Norfolk
Norwich

Quote from Nick_Giles
I cannot offer you any advice upon your request.

I can however offer the brave lady my best wishes and a belief in optimism for the future.

Nick

I associate myself with Mr Giles  thought
......""""Don't worry over what other people are thinking about you. They're too busy worrying over what you are thinking about them. """ ....

Harpy_images is off-line
06 May 2010 14:23
Harpy_images
Photographer
Harpy_images
South Glamorgan
Barry Cardiff

Ian
Maybe this could be of some help
http://www.mynewhair.org/Home.aspx
You have a deeply disturbed yet strikingly fascinating thought process; like an accident involving a car full of supermodels, so beautiful and bad you just can't take your eyes off of it

Sheree Austin is off-line
28 May 2010 18:14
Shev
Model
Shev
Essex
Grays

My friend has recently started losing her hair, and the doctors havent been able to tell her what is wrong yet. She has got a wig that was meant for "dressing up" purposes due to the length, but if you style them properly, or get a hair dresser to style them, its a quick cheap solution untill she can get a better one. Once styled well, even those cheap ones look good. My friend got hers from "Suzi's" in lakeside, Thurrock, Essex.

I truely wish her all the best..
A wink is as good as a nudge to a blind bat...

Sarah Astbury is off-line
30 May 2010 08:32
Makeup_Picasso
Make-up Artist
Makeup_Picasso
Greater Manchester
Nr Wigan, Lancashire/Manchester

http://www.wigsupnorth.co.uk/

30 May 2010 09:06
Lynniepants
Model

I ha alopocia a few years ago. Don't bother with nhs wigs. Theyre really bad. Go to a localwig shop with her and then to a good hairdresser.
Whatever I've just posted... Felicity Fatale agrees with me.

7 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa
237marc boss1968 Edphoto garydfreeman Njsphotography photofrank