Thats a cheek!

Victoria MUA is off-line
06 May 2010 19:47
Viktoriya
Make-up Artist
Viktoriya
Cork

Quote from Secondskin
I want some beautiful professional pictures of my dog!! I think i may put a paid casting up in the photography section and then go on to say they get lovely pics of my dog and a cup of tea for their trouble??? See how far i would get????

emoticon Totally agree! 
The other point of the story is that the images that would benefit the make up artist portfolio are beauty images! And they have to be retouched according to the beauty standards or so called high end retouching, which in some cases takes up to 3 hours per image. Do you think anyone who is looking for MUA on tf basis would spend that kind of time on your image??? No! Especially not the model putting the casting up!!! 

Victoria MUA

Dave Laurie is off-line
07 May 2010 01:46
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
Lancashire
Preston

Quote from Secondskin
I want some beautiful professional pictures of my dog!! I think i may put a paid casting up in the photography section and then go on to say they get lovely pics of my dog and a cup of tea for their trouble??? See how far i would get????

Hi Gaynor, you'll probably find there are plenty of p***take "paid castings" in the photography section already.
I'm sure any photographer you talk to will verify this, but as we have lots of amateurs and hobbyists in our section this type of casting does have a target audience usually willing to fall for  go along with it. So at least you have the Moderators trying to protect your professional integrity!

Dave.
p.s. Loving your current main image! Luckily I'm one who actually looks at things as opposed to just flitting through, otherwise I could have thought it was an actual outfit and not your awesome paintwork.
p.p.s. I'm currently searching for a Tim Burton-style Alice. Once I've found one, and I've talked Duane into being the Mad Hatter, I could ask you to do the make-up. I'd already have the cups and tea out on the table as part of the set! emoticon

Claire Shipman is off-line
10 May 2010 16:20
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

OK, what I was trying to say is that this site do go beyond the call of duty to only allow qualified mua's onto this site, but they cant stop everyone from joining that may take the p*ss out of us only try to control it and occasionally things slip through, this is where we come in to hit the report button.

I just don't think ranting helps as I said she wont read it and if she does she probably wont care because she doesn't value us... so back to my original point why should we give a sh*t about her posts if we ignore them she wont get anyone to do it and low and behold might have to up her compensation if she so desperately seeks an mua.

Sorry if that offends you Gaynor, but I don't think rants do anything, after all Ive seen 800 (slight exaggeration lol) go up on here since I joined and pretty much nothing changes people will always take the p*ss if they think they can get away with it.

Dave Laurie is off-line
10 May 2010 16:32
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
Lancashire
Preston

I think part of the problem lies in the fact there are always new Members joining, many of whom never spend any time learning about how the industry works (or should work?).
So although MUAs have to have some recognized qualification (and hopefully knowledge) there is no such requirement for models or photographers.
Meaning it is likely to keep happening.

Dave.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
10 May 2010 16:41
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from deetvstudio
So although MUAs have to have some recognized qualification (and hopefully knowledge) there is no such requirement for models.

What a brilliant idea. NVQs for models. emoticon

I actually thought something like that was here already when yesterday I spotted an advert in the window of my local Ben & Jerry (or whatever that franchised shearing chain is called) looking for Apprentice Models. It seems what they were actually after was two-legged guinea pigs for their trainees to hack around.

It's strange how the English language can have such very different meanings.

Bob

11 May 2010 11:50
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

Im not offended??? lol Should i be??

Claire Shipman is off-line
11 May 2010 12:13
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Quote from Secondskin
Im not offended??? lol Should i be??

I hope notemoticon

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Kitty_1 tomdowie
AaronKent andyf antoinewynn djb1 dorrian Dphphotography eosfan Flyingphotographer gadzooks2 Geronimo guitarman Ladiesman markeewould martinchristie mlp nemesis nick34eh PhilStorm plld poah pose4me stevegosh Steveh32