Thats a cheek!

Victoria MUA is off-line
05 May 2010 04:41
Viktoriya
Make-up Artist
Viktoriya
Cork

Casting Call 

Looking for MUA in Sheffield for 50's pin up shoot.

Hi

I have a tog and the place to shoot is my home. I am looking for a MUA that can make me over into a 50's pin up girl for the shoot. If you could also do the hair that would be great. Re-imburment for yourself would be ideally edited shots for your portfolio but i am only able to offer £10 apart from that im afraid due to the shoot not been a highly paid shoot- Mainly for all 3 of us to varience in our ports. 
The shoot will take place in an evening due to the tog having other work commitments. Hopefully taking place in may. 
I look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Many Thanks

Kat Clarkson x

Everyone understands, that if you want a quality images, you need to have a professional stylist. Why would we slave for tf if there is no way the images would be beneficial for our portfilio!
I am speechless... To have a cheek to say that the shoot is paid!! Wow!
Victoria MUA

05 May 2010 05:23
Lady_Raven
Model

umm she says the shoot is NOT highly paid & edited images would be supplied to the benefit of all parties ports........
baby born 9/04/10

ForumModerator is a moderatorPlatinum Member
05 May 2010 05:40
ForumModerator

West Sussex

Quote from Viktoriya
To have a cheek to say that the shoot is paid!! Wow!

Purestorm is doing its best to get models to understand that the MUAs on this site are
qualified professionals and not just girls with a No.7 Xmas Gift Box and a steadyish hand.
However getting that message across is NOT easy and it doesn't help when even some
MUAs totally ignore the TFP guidelines to find free models when they need them.

£10 might not be much to a Professional MUA but to some young models it is a lot

and to some models who are only used to opening their purse to put £10 notes IN
just getting them to offer any money for a MUA can be a landmark.

The simple solution to this would be to just open up MUA profiles to anyone at all
(we reject a stack of MUA applications from the untrained / unqualified every day)
and turn it into an unregulated TF Fest but that would not benefit our proper MUA members.

~~~~~~~~

Claire Shipman is off-line
05 May 2010 07:57
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

The moderators cant really be held responsible for other peoples cheek they can only moderate within reason and from what I can see they are doing a pretty good job at the moment, however if we keep complaining they just wont moderate it at all. Why don't you send her an email, let her know she offends the business? putting it on a forum she potentially will never read wont do anyone any good.

Yes I know is frustrating I also hit the roof when I read it, but would you ever want to work with anyone that thinks all we are worth is £10 anyway? Some people will never pay so its best to find the ones who do value us and ignore the tight ones.

05 May 2010 08:19
Lady_Raven
Model

in the models defense she doesnt say all your worth is £10 its more a case of all she can afford to offer is £10.

on another note whats the going rate for an mua? ive yet to use one of you & have no idea
baby born 9/04/10

Sammyj is off-line
06 May 2010 08:50
lashestolockes
Make-up Artist
lashestolockes
Kent
Thanet

Hi all 
I just have to say i am tired of thisemoticon
I have been a professional Make up Artist for 5 years and in that time this has always been my full time job.
I have spent nearly four years training to do my job and I now have 5 years experience as a Make up & Hair Artist in glamour, fashion, bridal, SFX, Hairdressing and so on.  But i still get asked to work between 2-8 hours, using £15-£20 worth of products and £10 for petrol for some pictures that will never get in my portfolio and the client that wants me to give them freebies is getting paidemoticonor they think i am, and they wonder why we feel upset

Samantha
Samantha XXX Lashes to Lockes XXX

06 May 2010 13:04
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

Quote from Viktoriya
Casting Call 

Looking for MUA in Sheffield for 50's pin up shoot.

Hi

I have a tog and the place to shoot is my home. I am looking for a MUA that can make me over into a 50's pin up girl for the shoot. If you could also do the hair that would be great. Re-imburment for yourself would be ideally edited shots for your portfolio but i am only able to offer £10 apart from that im afraid due to the shoot not been a highly paid shoot- Mainly for all 3 of us to varience in our ports. 
The shoot will take place in an evening due to the tog having other work commitments. Hopefully taking place in may. 
I look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Many Thanks

Kat Clarkson x

Everyone understands, that if you want a quality images, you need to have a professional stylist. Why would we slave for tf if there is no way the images would be beneficial for our portfilio!
I am speechless... To have a cheek to say that the shoot is paid!! Wow!

I saw this too, and i reported it for being a none paid shoot under paid castings...and got pretty much told by the mods that its ok to do this because technically they are paying. Its ridiculous....and i am give up telling the Mods too, its pointless!!

Jesfish is off-line
06 May 2010 13:10
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

I saw an ad on another site asking for a MUA to do a 3 hour shoot for £15! 

06 May 2010 13:13
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

Soz Claire, I disagree. The mods are quick enough to get on MY back if i say something wrong And i may be acting a bit blonde here, but what will opening up the MUA ports to anyone achieve? Other than to make life harder for professional makeup artists??*

*Comment : That is precisely the point FM is trying to make.
If we gave in to the hundreds of unqualifed / untrained girls clamouring to sign up as MUAs
it is you professional MUAs who would suffer so please cut us some slack as we're on your side.
We get moaned at daily for standing up for your profession by those who don't appreciate
that you girls (and guys) need to not only earn to live but earn to pay off your training.

06 May 2010 13:15
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

I want some beautiful professional pictures of my dog!! I think i may put a paid casting up in the photography section and then go on to say they get lovely pics of my dog and a cup of tea for their trouble??? See how far i would get????

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin Jessicaliu1993 Lushlolly natpenelope Natural_happy_girl SuzyMonty
antoinewynn bayford dby47 Don_Dark edwards ImageStyle johnmphoto mlp philippahh PhilStorm pvfb scott24 smphotographic stuartnoo Thunder_Photos totalpics TROY4
harbourstudio