Reminder Secure

Fake eyelashes?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
28 April 2010 15:43
TheDoll
Model

Girls please help - who tried them before? Are they easily removed? Seem to be difficult to apply)
I'd like to try it  some time, but a bit worried that I wouldn't be able to remove them. My own eyelashes are very long, (well, with some mascara), therefore I thought if perhaps I put fake ones - that will look even better! But I don't want to damage my own - I love them too much)

Gail Graves is off-line
28 April 2010 18:41
Gail_Graves
Model
Gail_Graves
Surrey
Woking

Well... I've used them for years... don't wear them now, because i prefer the "natural" look of mascara...

As for the glue that's meant to hold them on... I gave up with it and I used Superglue.. don't ask...
Beauty always comes with dark thoughts...

Jesfish is off-line
28 April 2010 18:44
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

OMG don't use superglue, lol!

They can be tricky to put on but they are easy to take off and wont damage your eyes or eyelashes as they just sit above them.  If you have trouble putting them on, try the half eyelashes as you don't have to worry about fixing them to the corners (near your eyes) which can be the tricky bit.  If you can't find any, buy the full one's and cut them in half.

kathrynalice is off-line
28 April 2010 18:48
Katyburns
Model

Northumberland
-

fake eyelashes give a great look for photos and are very easy to take off. i suggest you get some, and practice putting them on as it can be tricky. Eylure lashes are great as you can get them for volume or length and you can re use them. also the glue you get with them will keep them on all throughout the shoot.

Chrissie Red is off-line
28 April 2010 19:10
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I used to suck at putting my fake eyelashes on but then watched a couple of youtube videos on applying them and now its soo much easier.

Have a little look on youtube and im sure you will have no problems.

Cx

29 April 2010 15:58
TheDoll
Model

Many thanks to all of you! Will try all those tips.
...I tried only once to apply those individual lashes - with no success just went without them very annoyed

03 May 2010 14:24
Vasilisa
Model

If you're no good with the glue (I always end up putting on too much) you can get pre-glued ones from naturalites.
www.redvas.com

03 May 2010 17:41
Serena
Model

I don't understand why the glue is white. I find them a real pest to put on. I find mascara works well enough for shoots ... 3 coats to emphasis. If you have have long eyelashes already I wouldn't bother. They do pull natural ones out when being removed and that - over time - probably would be detrimental to one's real lashes.
Fun, friendly and experienced mature model with lively personality and youthful figure!

KateyLauren is off-line
09 May 2010 05:45
katey_lauren
Model
katey_lauren
Hampshire
Southampton

Quote from Serena
I don't understand why the glue is white. I find them a real pest to put on. I find mascara works well enough for shoots ... 3 coats to emphasis. If you have have long eyelashes already I wouldn't bother. They do pull natural ones out when being removed and that - over time - probably would be detrimental to one's real lashes.

I've never seen them pull any of my eyelashes out and I used to wear them almost every day!

Domanique is off-line
09 May 2010 16:02
Doma_Nikki
Model
Doma_Nikki
West Midlands
Wolverhampton

Quote from Serena

You can now get black glue

I the OP i used to buy preglued lashes by eyelure and now use all kinds of falsies, i love them for nights out and some shoots

D x

- Looking to book shoots throughout 2011/2012 -

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
amber6 AmberBray Cody Jessicaliu1993 Pinklilly
abouncer antoinewynn davejarvis Don_Dark ellessephotography George99 gwentman jefflynne JohnDentonPhoto Kjoservices modelboutique Morgan_L paulq peteb poah psn riddell Rule_of_Thumb siclews soulc steveh32 Steveharratt Thunder_Photos TonyNutley