Reminder Secure

Hair condition

This thread is being watched by 1 person
13 May 2010 14:01
TheDoll
Model

For the ends I use Bonacure (shwarzkoph) sealed ends treatment - works for me, then overall - I tend to try different treatments - kerastase has good masks, I also like Redken and Bedhead. Wella is very good, but you need to find what your hair like. I also do some natural treatments myself and make sure I don't use to much heating when styling - in fact I use hair dryer and straighteners very rarely.

Porcelain is off-line
13 May 2010 14:28
belledelaney
Model
belledelaney
Lancashire
Blackpool

aussie two minute miracle from superdrugs or boots is the only one ive found really worked, I have the same problem what I tend to do is just use a normal conditioner put a towel round my head then go and type my uni work up for an hour before washing it off xx

SisterMorphine is off-line
08 June 2010 14:17
SisterMorphine
Model
SisterMorphine
Leicestershire
Leicester

I agree, the Aussie stuff is amazing, I've got insanely long hair and I'm too skint/lazy to get it cut regularly so I rely on that stuff to make it shiny and everyone's been fooled so far! emoticon I'm going to get my hair cut on Thursday for the first time in a year and a half, I'm dreading what the hairdresser's going to say  emoticon I'm gonna get my wrists slapped lol
SM
Shiny. Lets be bad guys.

10 June 2010 06:56
River
Model

Ok guys,
after a consultation with my new hairdresser (I literally had the salon owner, his wife, the colourist and another senior stylist crowded round me giving their opinions and advice...talk about service!), we have decided on the best course of action for my hair.
I have bought the 'Wella Salon professionals' repair shampoo and conditioner, and they have also given me some free hair masks. The products are really lovely, ive only been using them two days and I can see a massive difference.

Just wondering what is the best way to dry your hair without a hairdryer? I always put it in a plait overnight, but in the morning it is still wet and a bit frazzled looking, yet if I dry it with a hairdryer it looks in better condition than leaving it to dry naturally. Isnt it supposed to be the other way round?? Lol. Im not putting any products in it either, apart from heat protect spray if I do decide to use the hairdryer (which Im trying to do less!)
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

SisterMorphine is off-line
11 June 2010 15:21
SisterMorphine
Model
SisterMorphine
Leicestershire
Leicester

Generally I leave it in a towel for a good while after I get out of the shower which takes the worst of the wet out of it then leave it to dry naturally. If I do use the hairdryer I tend to put it on the lowest heat and feeblest blower, takes longer to dry but my hair frazzles less. Heat protection spray is a good idea, might start doing that!
SM
Shiny. Lets be bad guys.

Evie Wolfe is off-line
13 June 2010 09:53
Evie_Wolfe
Model
This member has been reset to pending

Merseyside
Liverpool

I had the same problem with my hairdryer- It always makes my hair look better, but it is damaging. I compromise- i Leave my hair to dry a little in the towel, and then put my hair dryer on the 'cool' setting (normal hair dryer 'cool' won't work, buy a professional one) and dry from a distance. It takes a while, but when your hair is dry enough to brush without damaging it, use a round hairdressing brush and brush your hair through gently while drying. Make sure you have a while though, this method takes some time! Also, brushing your hair through thoroughly before you go to bed (and especially before you wash it) can help produce a healthy shine.

KateyLauren is off-line
13 June 2010 09:54
katey_lauren
Model
katey_lauren
Hampshire
Southampton

henna wax in a tub.. 99p from body care A-MAZING

13 June 2010 10:20
kater
Model

Good to read all these tips. The condition of my hair is the bane of my life.
'please keep offending people, I love seeing you naked'.

Amy Rose is off-lineSilver Member
13 June 2010 19:33
AmyC_01
Model
AmyC_01
West Yorkshire
Leeds

Hey Char,
I only use professional products as they do work lol...
For dry hair i would use 'Matrix - Biolage - Hydating shampoo and Conditioner' OR if your ends are damaged and brittle then i would use 'Matrix - Biolage - Fortifying Shampoo and Condition'. The Fortifying is fantastic as it repairs damage and helps to strengthen your hair but still keeps it soft by using bamboo extracts in the shampoo and conditioner.

Hope this helps,
Amy xx.

p.s Before using any heat applicant i.e hairdryer and straightners invest in some heat protection....one on damp hair before using the hairdryer 'Matrix - Biolage - Fortifying heat styler' then once dry spray each section with 'Mark Hill's protective spray before straighting.

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
amber6 AmberBray Cody Jessicaliu1993 Pinklilly
abouncer antoinewynn davejarvis Don_Dark ellessephotography George99 jefflynne Kjoservices modelboutique Morgan_L peteb poah psn riddell Rule_of_Thumb siclews soulc steveh32 Steveharratt Thunder_Photos TonyNutley