Lindsay Sian Snuggs is off-line
19 April 2010 15:12
LindsaySianSnuggs
Make-up Artist
LindsaySianSnuggs
Hampshire
Southampton

Quote from Fisherface
I applied for a "paid casting" and was told by the model that it WAS payment...in the form of images!

Another one told me she had put it in the paid section as it was the only way she could get a MUA, even though she was offering TF.

Did you report it? I think the mods are getting a bit cross with models sneaking round the system to still offer TF*
Portfolio: www.lindsaysiansnuggs.carbonmade.com

Chris Conway is off-line
19 April 2010 15:27
ChrisConway
Photographer
ChrisConway
London
London

Quote from simplydivine
They think if they say they are paying £25 it IS PAID LOL ... what they don't understand is that you would be using 4 times that in products and travel alone that's before your time for the job... it never ends

£100 of product to do 4 looks? You might be slapping it on a bit thick emoticon

It is wrong that they have put it up as a paid shoot, its TF with expenses paid ... but if the shots are beneficial to your portfolio then a lot of MUAs would be thankful for having some expenses covered.

I regularly work TF with stylists (but I also get them a reasonable amount of paid work) - Although for most of us this is our trade/living, some people still have a passion for it and enjoy the work.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has already thought of someone to blame it on...

Karen Hegarty is off-line
19 April 2010 16:10
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

Quote from ChrisConway

I said with travel costs and 4 looks then yes you would be close to £100. ask any pro MUA in here, the products we use are not cheap crap.
not to mention disposable items:  face cleansing wipes, moisturising products, primers, make up products, disposable applicators, hair products, possibly eyelashes etc. ok maybe not exactly £100 but I did say not far off, ask any other MUA on here what she/ he would use including travel.

It is wrong that they have put it up as a paid shoot, its TF with expenses paid ... but if the shots are beneficial to your portfolio then a lot of MUAs would be thankful for having some expenses covered.

£10 / £15 would not cover expenses though that is the point that has been made

I regularly work TF with stylists (but I also get them a reasonable amount of paid work) - Although for most of us this is our trade/living, some people still have a passion for it and enjoy the work.

Although this is my trade/ my living I still , like every MUA on here have a passion for my work, and enjoy it, it does mean that because we want to earn a living from something we enjoy that we are wrong?

20 April 2010 11:02
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

Quote from Fisherface
I applied for a "paid casting" and was told by the model that it WAS payment...in the form of images!

Another one told me she had put it in the paid section as it was the only way she could get a MUA, even though she was offering TF.

Which is a totally pointless exercise and wasting everyones time including hers????emoticon

20 April 2010 11:04
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

Quote from ChrisConway

So put it in the tf section then????? thats what its there for.

20 April 2010 11:09
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

And i hope my work speaks for itself as far as PASSION goes. I get really annoyed with people making out that i have no passion because i wont do TF. What a load of bull!!!! Its my passion AND my very hard work over years and years (and LOADS of TF and free promotional stuff) thats got me to the point where people will pay me for my skills. I have absolutely every right to earn my living this way without feeling pressured into doing things on TF just to prove i have passion??!?!?!

Jesfish is off-line
20 April 2010 11:16
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

My dad's dentist is passionate about his work, but it doesn't mean he'll get a free set of gnashers!!

20 April 2010 16:01
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

ForumModerator is a moderatorPlatinum Member
20 April 2010 16:25
ForumModerator

West Sussex

We are well aware that our professional Make-Up Artists are sick to the back teeth with Models
who expect free make-overs for everything from shoots to promo gigs to parties and weddings
at best on the basis of them offering photographers' time and images in return for a MUA's skills.

We first tried pointing out politely that ONLY photographer members can offer image rights
and when that failed Matt re-wrote the Casting Calls system to prevent Models offering TF
to other Models or to Make-Up Artists - though they were still able to offer Paid work to MUAs.

Rather than accept this or get the Photographer to make the TF offer a few insist on
deliberately selecting Paid or even Share/Syndication to get around the restrictions.

We have tried both formal and humorous approaches and even used the Announcements banner
but a few still insist on ignoring us ... and then throw tantrums or tears when we finally take action.

~§~ Advertising TF Arrangements ~§~

Jordan And Peter Back Together !

Maybe the answer is, as a few have suggested, to prevent Models making Casting Calls at all.

~~~~~~~~

22 April 2010 15:28
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

Thanks Moderators...Its good to know that something is being done

Comment : Now if only we could also get MUAs to read Clause 5.2 and this thread emoticon

20 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 klouise1992 mandymack Michelledefeo1 shadowsfire
Antony13 cliffc djb1 ElegantCaptures extra_mayo GSC4X iestyn JSP KDP Ladiesman lfc9_uk nemesis Steveh32 stibnite Tonypage